My guide to Feigning Death

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
I like to consider myself a master at feigning death.. I don't mean to brag, but in a team game in siciliy I took down half the opponents team and they didn't even know what was hitting them.

I've assembled a short, in-depth coverage of the do's and don'ts of feigning death:

1. DO - always feign death in an obvious location, feigning in dark places or "secret" hideaways will arouse suspicion.

2. DO - Always go prone before feigning, that way when you un-feign.. you will be proned and therefore have an advantage over the unsuspecting enemy.

3. DON'T - Never ever get hasty, if the enemy is only a few steps from you, silence that urge to attack... what until you have a good clean shot, and once you kill the enemy, re-feign.

4. DO - Always carry a ''dummy'' weapon with 1 clip to use as your decoy. Drop that weapon before feigning and it will look a lot more realistic.

5. DON'T - never feign in the same spot after a round, it will become very suspicious if soldiers see the same corpse in the same location every match.

6. DO - try and feign in a groups... if there was a skirmish and there are several corpses around... join in and feign next to one. Even I sometimes dismiss corpses feigned in this way.

7. DON'T - get discouraged, I garuntee you, you will get capped several times while feigning.. it's just one of those things that will happen.

8. DO - As I said, Location Location Location, pick you're spot wisely and STAY THERE... remember, you're a corpse, corpses don't move!

9. DON'T - miss, when you unfeign, make sure your victim DIES, if your victim doesn't die your enire effort will be wasted, as he can now riddle your vunerable self with his high-caliber weapon.

10. DO - try to feign on spots where it looks odd, for example, find a spot where your feet are partially in the wall, or where you are slightly hovering off of a crate. People often dismiss corpses in these odd positions because they think that the "unique" look of the death signifies a real one.

11. DO - Use phycological warfare, proclaim over the public channel ''Man down in the X' where X being where you feigned. This only heigtens the believeablity of the enemy of your illusion.

12. DON'T - be excessive with tip #11... if you scream in caps or are excessively enthusiastic about it then it will arouse suspicions.

Okay, for all those people interested, feel free to put these tips into play. After many many tests, I have concluded that with the correct executioner.. Feigning death can be the most effective strategy available.

I've taken down scores of people, and delighted when they scream "What??" "WTF???" "Who??" .

13. And lastly DON'T - be shaken by stupid deathmatchers who will taunt you and try to make your effort as difficult as possible. Just ignore them, and stick to your guns, this isn't quake people, this is war, and in a real war - the smart win.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Well some of us prefer to use strategy, this is a realistic combat simulator, not Quake Deathmatch.

And in a real war, it doesn't matter if it's cheap, as long as the enemy dies, that's all that counts.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
What Phatcat?!?!

So feigning death is glitched now? How is that a flaw in the game? I believe that the russians stopped Napoleans advance by feigning death amonst their fallen comrades and sprung up and slaughtered the french troops. Feigning is a legitimate tactic to use and it is not a game flaw.

monkey_hanger

monkey spanker
Good idea Domino. I thought at first it was a bad idea, but its really a valid tactic and you arent exploiting a bug. I always try to shoot corpses if they look slightly suspicious (ie. no weapon on the floor), but some of your tips will undoubtedly make that harder to spot.

I hope ppl dont complain to much about this, as it a good thing to try. Although i hope i dont ever see a situation where too many ppl try it. It will spoil the game a little i think. But used on a small scale i have no problem with feigning, although i'd be pissed if i was done by one :D

Anrky

Frag you... Frag you very much...
Nov 28, 2000
Canada, up is ****ING Cold North!
I don't beleive you should win at all costs... you should win with honour... it's the reason people exploit the know bugs in Prone and leaning... because they want to win at all costs...

I don't have anything against this... but at the same time it does seem stupi and cheap... perhaps they should remove it from INF... if they don't they I guess we should accept it.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Well Phatcat, when you have DE rounds ripping through your spine after I unefeign, we'll see how cheap it is.

*CombatAction*_Lenin

A 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest
Jul 8, 2001
boring little suburban town
Visit site
Come on phatcat its a perfectly legitimate tactic. I mean you can do it in real life and inf being a “realistic combat simulator” you should be able to do it in the game too. And plz don’t say you can lean and prone in real life too, those are bugs. faking death is not.

btw. nice pic

hokudan

Mar 20, 2001
legit tactic, and a good one if used with discretion.

What Domino fails to note is that there is one easy way to tell if the guy is dead. Get close and look- his name will show up if he's still alive, and won't show up if he's dead. Sooo....

Domino's tactic doesn't quite work if you're being observant and careful. He recommends waiting until the enemy has passed by and shooting them in the back. In that case, check bodies before you pass them. It's that simple. Having the time to do all that is another matter.

Since he also recommends proning before feigning, approach from the side. There's no way a proned player can swing around an aimed weapon in time to get you.

All that honor stuff, I'll leave to others.