UT2kX CTF-Vengeance

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Medium sized CTF map for 8-12 players. The map was created for a school assignment in which I had 1 week to come up with a layout and another to pimp it UP a bit. After those two weeks I used a few extra days to add some pathing, pimp it a little bit further and nail a few bugs. The map might not be the most visually appealing, but I hope the gameplay will somewhat make UP for it. Enjoy. ;)

Requires ECE bonus pack and possibly some patching.

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?approvalid=5522
http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Vengeancezip/;12462694;/fileinfo.html

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot3.jpg
    Screenshot3.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 47
Apr 11, 2006
Looks pretty good visually, my major suggestion (if you're going to continue working on it) is to add a bit more saturation to your lighting.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Yep, the white moon-light looks a bit bland and unprofessional, even if the moon in the sky is grey/white. Some of the corridors could use some more detail and for my personal taste the dark areas are a bit too dark, but maybe that's just me. Seems to be modern in UT3 so maybe others like it better than I do.
Keep it up! The map has potential and it's not like you'd have to re-work a whole lot. It's mainly about "pimping" it up here and and tweaking it there. Really solid.

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Thank's for the feedback. There's actually a lot of stuff I can think of that needs fixing, but I've got a bunch of projects going right now and generally just felt like throwing this one out of the way. I might look into adding some detail at a later point, but that's hardly on the top of my list right now.

Thank's for pointing out the poor lighting quality though, not really sure how I missed that.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Medium CTF, ok compared to Shadar but I thought it was rather large. Map has the traditional CTF feel with a lot of interesting features. Many paths to navigate and nice base flags and central area. I like the fact that the map has dark areas and light areas and both are done well. Kinda hard to CTF without a lot of teamwork, but that's what CTf is all about isn't it.:)