I want again....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Johan Samuelsson

Jun 1, 2000
modarchive.com
To make skybox that works....I did one and
in the game all I could see were all that
skybox box from the other part of the level
(that sky) and my floor fence still dont
work I just fall through it all the time...

Forty-Two

Majestic 2 Cartoonist
Mar 25, 2000
majestic-two.hypermart.net
hm.... ill just go through the howto's of skyboxes again:

1- make your skybox in a separate room, yes, one you cannot access in any way.
2- add a SkyZoneInfo class (under Info:ZoneInfo)
3- in your level, activate the "Fake Backdrop" property to the textures you want to be displayed as a sky.

hope this helps

bullet2.gif

Run, chicken. The warhead launcher spares no one.

Tell me more about your floorfence. If you just used a sheet (a 2 dimensional brush) i have to tell you something: sheet don't block anything. They are always nonsolid. Maybe thry a collision hull or a instead of the whole sheet sh*t, a brush with a minimum height (1 unit). But i need more info about it.

bullet2.gif

Kinski: I suck!

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Sheets do never, never and NEVER(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) block! Use a sheet for masked floor. Use the sheet tool, then select "AddSpecial". Mark "2-sided" and "masked". Finally hit add.
To make "it" block use an invisble collision hull. A normal brush, 2 units high. Don't let it touch the sheet or any other brush!
Again "Add special": This time mark "invisible".

Sky boxes a one of the hardest things to do. Do yourself a favor and wait until you are more experienced. It is easy to make a simple sky. But one that looks (un)real and really aweome requires time, time and a lot of patience. You must use a lot of coloured lights with asmall radius.

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
I'm not real experienced but I have found that using an info lightzone in your skybox does help to cut down on the need for dozens of lights and it takes the shadows out of the corners (which can be very pesky). Hope this is of some kind of help to somebody :)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Of course you can use a lightzone. But try to build a nice sunset with shades of red, orange and yellow this way! There is no need to light the corners. The mountains will hide them!