Ut2k4 "connection failed" help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tactics

Apr 7, 2008
Everytime I try to connect to the master server it says "Connection failed", as it does for the internet servers. But yet I can connect freely to my servers under my favorites tab, and can play them just fine...

I THINK it has something to do with me closing the windows process gcasDTServ.exe because it was taking up too many processes(almost 100%) and was slowing down my game. When I closed it and tried to play again, I started getting this problem, but never before doing so.

Any ideas to what to do? Should I reinstall? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks for any help, it's very appreciated.

Tactics

Apr 7, 2008
Oh, and the process itself is back and running after I had restarted my PC, but I still can't connect to the master server or to the internet servers.

Tactics

Apr 7, 2008
And I can also connect to servers just fine, the servers in my favorite tabs load normally and I can connect to them and play just fine. What does this mean? Is it a firewall problem?

Tactics

Apr 7, 2008
Okay, I can connect to other online games such as world of warcraft, but I can't connect to the UT2003 server either, the master server or the internet servers which don't even pop up.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
Wow, that's a double double triple post :p

We're working on it. It should be back soon. :)

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
A few people have told me they can't connect in 2k4. It is being checked.

Tactics

Apr 7, 2008
Do you like work for Epic or something? Sorry I'm new here, but I honestly can't see any other reason to why I can't connect, EXCEPT if it has something to do with that dumb process I canceled

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
As a quick google search reveals, that process is part of Microsoft's anti-spyware software so I doubt it has anything to do with this at at all. I can connect to the master server without any problems... try telnetting to it and see if you get any response.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Do you like work for Epic or something? Sorry I'm new here, but I honestly can't see any other reason to why I can't connect, EXCEPT if it has something to do with that dumb process I canceled

It could be a problem with the master server itself, no a process on your machine as it would start itself whenever you tried to connect in UT2004.