Tutorial: putting the M2 on a mover...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
I tought this was interesting enough to share with the comunity, so here it is.

Make the brush you want to put your m2 on, but instead of immediatly adding the mover, first go to classes, brush, mover and select attachmover, then press the add mover button.

Now place the M2 and the needed trigger on the attach mover.
You'll have to change the tag of the trigger and the M2 to the same name! Yes, yes, they need to have the same name!
When you've done this, change the attachtag under attachmover in the properties of the mover to the tag you've given to the trigger and the M2.

Now you can set the keyframes and all the other needed properties of the mover and voilla, you have a mover with a working M2.

I've already got a flying helicopter with the M2 in an upcoming level and I can only say one thing...

COOL!

Maybe we(Andirez and I) will release an alfa version of our map this weekend so you guys can see our mapping skills at work.

I hope this tutorial helped some mappers out there and I hope to see this in some maps.

Sylvester out...

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
Hmmm...

there seems to be a problem with the tutorial above...

Yesterday it worked and today...
when i step on my mover, everything moves along with it, but the second i take control of the M2, the M2 stays at the point where i've taken control of it. The trigger to fire the M2 however still moves along with the attachmover. So my M2 floats somewhere and i can fire it from an entire different location.

Lost, how did you put the M2 on your boat?

Sylvester out...

let's see, the boat is an attach mover
the m2 and the trigger tags are set to the attach tag of the boat
the trigger's even is the same as the attach tag
that's about it i guess, so i'll just give exactly what i've got

boat: attach tag: onboat
tag: AttachMover
event: None

trigger: tag: onboat
event: onboat

m2: tag: onboat
event: None

there you go, should work /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lost

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
hmmm, that's just the same as I have...
i've noticed after trying very, very much that sometimes it works (about 1 times out of 50) and most of the time, it doesn't...

When i've got it working and i change something of the mover and test it out, it usualy no longer works...
I've tried the whole evening sorting this out, but I can't find any logic in it.

Could someone help me with this one?

Sylvester out...

yeah, mine hasn't been working too reliabely lately, probably cause i've been fiddlin' with the mover itself. a lot of the time when the boat is moving, usually during the turn, you can go up to the gun and get control of it, but you can't actually control it. what i mean is your gun disappears and the m2 is selected at the bottom of the screen and the screen says "you control the m2 .50" or whatever it says, but the gun does not respond. it's pretty annoying, especially because it is so erratic in it's appearance. tell me if you can find anything that works better!

Lost

bastard_o

Lead Designer
I have a method of making the M2.50 gun swing and pivot around your feet rather that its pivot point...

This means that you are looking down the barrel at all times... Look down that beatiful barrel and get your emeny in those sights that Warren made for us.

Swing 360 if you need to ie. from a vechicle mounted sliding structure...

Tutorial coming soon...

To quote Duke... Come get some.....

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Damn. This stuff is cool. Even though I understand exactly zero percent of what was discussed here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ahhh..... I miss duke. He was a pretty cool dude.

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
lol, Mr.T

It isn't that hard to understand. The thing they want to do here is just let the M2.50 move along with a car, boat,... or whatever. The only problem is that when you take control of the M2.50, the car or boat keeps moving (as it should) but the M2.50 stops doing this. But the trigger that controls the M2.50 also keeps moving. So you have control over the M2.50 if you stand on the moving brush (car, boat) but the m2.50 still stands fixed where you first took control of it.

Hope this clears it up a bit

Beppo, maybe you can helps us. The attachmover clearly doesn't seem to do the trick like it should.

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
I really don't get it, Sylvester and I did exactly the same (and tried 1000 of other things) and everytime (except for 2 times) the M2.50 stopped moving. The 2 times it worked, it was just a coincidence and after moving something a bit ... it didn't work anymore.

Beppo, we need help ! Is it possible to do this ?