maybe its time to get a new mouse

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
my mouse (usb intellimouse explorer) has been moving irradically on its own at random times

so does anyone have any suggestions for a good mouse?

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
AI, you mouse may have went over a pattern or such that makes the mouse interperate that as moving around at great velocities. I sometimes get that too.

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
AI said:
my mouse (usb intellimouse explorer) has been moving irradically on its own at random times

so does anyone have any suggestions for a good mouse?

This happened to mine aswell. :/ So I bought a logitech usb mouse and it suddenly stopped working as well. Haven't bought a USB mouse since. :(

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I have a corded Logitech optical mouse. No idea the version or make etc.

It's the best mouse I ever had.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
my mouse is a gateway
its black on top with silver buttons and clear on bottom
AND IT HAS A RED LIGHT IN IT THAT GETS BRIGHTER WHEN IT MOVES!!!! :D :lol: :D :lol:
anyone who knows more than that about their mouse must really care ;)

SS_King

VW.
Aug 31, 2002
Moncton
Visit site
AI, it might only be your pattern that is causing your irradicy(sp?)(is it even a word?). Try mousing with a blank piece of paper, and if it is still b0rked, then get a new one!

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
MX700 sucks, it's too heavy and none of the extra buttons are really useful, it gets a little skippy at times.

and if you get an optical, don't be fooled into the ratpadz mousepad, they look great, and when you first try them out they seem pretty cool, but soon they suck, very much.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
MX500 sounds like the name of a Nissan or something...

SugarBear said:
MX700 sucks, it's too heavy and none of the extra buttons are really useful, it gets a little skippy at times.

That one of the main reasons I chose the MX500. More reliable, lighter and corded mice are less hassle than cordless ones.

TwoHardCore

Feb 1, 2000
Calgary, Canada
I've gone through 2 of those crappy Intellimouse Opticals and both of them did exactly the same as you describe, one from the start and the other did it after a couple months of use. Nice way to spend $160 (mind you that is Cdn, so maybe $40 uS :)).

I then went to a optical Logitech which fit the hand much better and performed exactly as it said it should. Loved that mouse! I finally killed the left button (still works, but erratically) and decided to get the Logitech MX500, and WOW! I love the way it fits in my hand and the performance of it is amazing, especially when drawing with Illustrator or painting in Painter etc. It's actually more precise than the earlier Logitech I had, and is leaps and bounds better than any MS mouse I've owned.

I think the extra buttons on it are more gimmicky than anything but I can say that I have used them when browsing the web and in Explorer (the shell, not browser). I'd agree with the other recommendations and tell you to get the MX500!

THC

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Does the MX500 track faster than the dual optical? Because I have the dual optical, and it can be moved pretty damn fast without losing precision.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
oh yea i forgot i broke the scroll from slamming it on the desk, when i was mad at my computer:D

but thanks guys, that mx500 seems to be really good, i think ill go down to the best buy and pick one up:)

Jul 22, 2000
AI, are you sure it's clean? I often get hairs trapped on the camera, nothing a pair of tweezers can't sort out.

[Edit]You slammed your mouse on your desk? Maybe you'd be better off with a couple of $5 ones :B.[/Edit]