ARMA 3 seems promising

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
well BIS is getting more and more money. Their games are less buggy every launch now.
Anyway ARMA and OFP always have been PC games. Which means they do push the platform to the edge. If you really want the best performance you want a SSD + ramdisk.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Interesting. Looks like a CryEngine 3 wanna be. I can still see that South Park two-dimensional look and low textures though. Have to wait and see.

Also, I hate all the bogus "near future" crap. We'll have to bring back the realistic models and vehicles from Arma2. Hopefully ACE takes it up for ACE 3. That would be the only reason I would buy it.

In the end, I think they see MAJOR competition from CE3 and RT Studios for military contracts.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
doubtful, arma3 has an engine designed for large scale military things. I doubt CE is as good at ballistics.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Oh, I think ballistics are pretty easy to program. Its just a little math. Been playing a lot of Arma 2 / Ace 2 mod of late though. Arma 2 itself is just a bad looking Crysis, but ACE takes it into simulation territory! Very impressed with them. The ACE mod brings in realistic sights, like mil-dot scopes and real ACOG reticles, and generally tries to make everything realistic. Just got through learning how to sight in the M119 Howitzer. Drove me crazy trying to get it right. Pretty neat hitting something within a few feet at 8 MILES AWAY! I'm waiting for them to get a real 82mm mortar system now as well. If they could stick this into a CE2 world, it would be AWESOME.

Last edited: