New guy, here.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Potato_Master

Mmm...Spaghetti...
Jun 28, 2005
Florida
Hey all, as says the title, I'm new to the UT2004 community. I'm a friend of Old Gil's (don't know if you know him or not, just that I'd add that :p), and he told me this was a great place to get in for this game.

I have gone to the store(s) many many many times, and always chose something over UT2004 (don't think me totally awful, it was always on my list of 'to-gets'). Now I see I made a horrible mistake, this game is friggen sweet! I got the Editor's Choice Edition DVD set. And I don't mind the extra 10 bucks that much...anymore. :lol:

(Sorry if I posted my topic in the wrong place, I couldn't find a welcome thread. :rolleyes: )

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Welcome aboard. You've picked up a great game, especially if your rig can handle it. I'm going to move this over to the UT2004 forum so that it is more on-topic.

Let us know if we can help you find your way around.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
Welcome. Just a warning: It can get rough in off topic if you say anything. Everything gets turned into a controversey over there. Gl, hf..!

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Did you say...

potatoes.gif

Welcome aboard.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Sure we know Gil. He's one of the regulars around here. Speaking of which...we have this event called FragBU every weekend (I'm sure Gil mentioned that); feel free to join it, and the teamspeak server as well to join in on the chatter. Here's the information you'll need.

For any questions on the game, the BUF tourney or whatever, feel free to ask. That's why forums like these exist :)
(just check the BUF FAQ first, will ya? Thanks)

Welcome to the BeyondUnreal Forums.

dXII][Pa

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Jan 3, 2004
Hi and welcome!

JohnDoe641 said:
I the resident cannon fodder on FragBU. I'm terrible.
crysmile.gif

He is terrible as in "he terrorises people by fragging them over and over and over again..."

;)

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Taleweaver said:
Speaking of which...we have this event called FragBU every weekend (I'm sure Gil mentioned that); feel free to join it

Yeah, you should join in sometime, we have lots of fun.

Oh, and welcome to BUF! :wavey:

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
Hi :) buying UT is the greatest idea you had(except if you were already short on free time in your life.)

If you wanna have a great time hop in our server.

YO!»'s 4v4 man TDM/TAM/AM/DM ip=69.12.85.182
ws off
we are always laughing our ass off. We take the game seriously but we think its worthless to play if we dont have fun. :)

And if you look for some place to pwn someone 1v1 our 1v1 serv is always open

YO!» 's 2v2 1v1 ip=69.12.68.208----Pass:Kiss

#YO @ enterthegame on irc.

have fun :)

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
mouahahaahhaa CTF is for girlies that need a transloc to move!!!

(joking, CTF rox too)

Potato_Master

Mmm...Spaghetti...
Jun 28, 2005
Florida
Turns2Ashes said:
Did you say...

potatoes.gif

Welcome aboard.

Lol, believe it or not I've seen that more than once. ;)

In fact, I watched it a few times 'cause I thought it had a catchy beat. (Forgive me my potato brethren!)

Also you have a 1vs1 server? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of paying for a server? Or do you have someone dedicating it?

*EDIT*
Yeah, Gil did tell me about the FragBu thing. I'm very interested. I will probably show up if I can (since my internet time isn't set in stone at the moment), so look for a Potato_Master (Oh, the originality) in some of the servers.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
CyMek said:
Or you could do some 8v8 AS, and add some fresh blood to a dying breed...

Play the thinking man's game!

;)
Spamming man's game? :)

And all the rumors you heard about Dark Pulse are true! He does eat PO-TA-TOES!

Potato_Master

Mmm...Spaghetti...
Jun 28, 2005
Florida
But if you want to go with Potato insults, let me be your lightning rod of hate with (Since everyone likes the flavory goodness of potatoes):

"Mashed Potatoes!"
"French (Freedom perferred (Man's gotta keep his principles right? :lol: )) Fries!"
"Squashed Potatoes!" (Yes, I get this one too)
"Tater Salad!"
or
"Potato Salad!"

The list goes on!

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Hi, and welcome! Drop on by FragBU on the weekends for some hot model on model action!