VisionTek Stands By Its Products

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
The way I figure it, when some one or some company does something right, people should hear about it. That's the way it was with a recent experience I had with VisionTek. You see, a while back, I had purchased a Ti4600 from the original VisionTek. Within 8 months or so, the fan on the board died, and the board was fried before I could even get the computer case open. Bad news.

I went to the VisionTek website, where I was shocked to see that they had gone out of business! Here I was stuck with a dead card with a lifetime warranty, but no company to honor that warranty!

A few months later, as I was doing some general internet surfing, I decided, for whatever reason, to take a look at the VisionTek site. 'Lo and behold, the company was picked up by the Hartford Computer Group, and was now selling ATI, not nVidia, cards. I took a shot and gave them a call anyway, hoping they'd honor the lifetime warranty on my defective card.

Cut to the end: not only did they say they'd honor the warranty, but if they didn't have any Ti4600's left over from the takeover, they'd send me an equivalent ATI card.

Four weeks after sending my TiPileOfGoo to them, I received a brand spanking new Ti4600 from them, also with a lifetime warranty. My thanks to the new owners of VisionTek for being stand-up guys and dealing the right way with their new customer base! You've done right by me, and by posting this, I hope I'm returning the favor.

[Bean]

Jan 21, 2002
same exact thing happened to me. same card, fan everything. visiontek are nice guys (as well as PNY).

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I had Visiontek GF3 Ti500 that I recently sold to a friend. When I pulled it out I notice the fan was difficult to turn. I removed the fan and put it ona 12vdc power supply, and low and behold the fan would not turn, or it turned very slowly.

I removed the paper backing on the fan and put in a very small drop of 3-in-1 oil. The fan turned free by hand. I put it back on the power supply and it hums along like brand new.

My friend ha been using the card for 2 months now with no problems.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I tried cleaning and lubricating as well, but the damage had already been done, unfortunately. It really doesn't take too long to fry a video card, especially newer ones that run so hot you could fry an egg on 'em.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

P

p0z3r

Same thing - PNY

I'm going through the same thing with a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 from PNY. It just burnt up one night.. the video was all skewed. So I rebooted, and it started to boot okay, and then nothing. Rebooting again gave me the POST beeps about video problems. So, after the PNY site being down for 3 days, I finally found their warranty section with a phone number posted. I called it, spent some time on hold, and then got my RMA #! They said it would be a 2 week turnaround once they got it, and it's been a week so far since I got the email stating the received my card. So far so good.. let's hope it all works out!
cheers,
-p0z3r