UT Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
It will come already set with NW3 properly for a good gameplay and replacement, but it can be used to add more weapons from other mods.
It just happens that compared with StuffSwapper, my replacer doesn't have any issues with any kinds of replacements and it has some gameplay features the mod you use doesn't have.
The only thing mine lacks are the auto-import features StuffSwapper has, that's all. :)

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I've never really had any problems with Stuffswapper besides not being able to replace Unreal weapon spawns properly in MH maps which is understandable since they're UNREAL weapon spawns and not UT weapon spawns.

Not to get off-track but I know why that won't work. Email me and I'll show you.

Stuffswapper is the absolute bottom rung of mod development, right after your first sniper rifle. The fact it won't work the way anyone wants is simple laziness in learning how to make a server-specific replacement mod from similar code. It's not 'bugged' in the sense that certain things don't work right with it, it's bugged because it's trying to do too much. You can't 'fix' a replacement mod to account for every single possibility of every weapon and every mutator combination.

Ferali is crafting something to be more specific for NW and that's the way to go with things. You can trust him, if he says this is the better way then I'm all-in with what he thinks. Trying to reach 100% compatibility in UT is a wasted effort, things need to be specialized. They just work better and faster.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
It will come already set with NW3 properly for a good gameplay and replacement, but it can be used to add more weapons from other mods.
It just happens that compared with StuffSwapper, my replacer doesn't have any issues with any kinds of replacements and it has some gameplay features the mod you use doesn't have.
The only thing mine lacks are the auto-import features StuffSwapper has, that's all. :)
BTW, when it comes to other mods, invasive is good when it comes to replacement mods, believe it or not. It ensures that things will be replaced as Stuffswapper wants them and not how another mutator wants them if others were added.

And Auto-Import? You must manually import .u files with Stuffswapper, unless by auto you mean it combs through the .u files for you.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Stuffswapper comes with an exe file that makes some sort of imports, instead of editing all by hand I think.

Anyway, once I release the pack (quite soon I hope), you can decide by yourself what you want to use. NW3 is supposed to work with StuffSwapper, but I cannot guarantee a thing, while with my replacer I can guarantee that NW3 will be properly replaced in pretty much all the gametypes there are + other weapons you may want to add in, that's all. :)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
FINAL DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (10-April-2012)

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is the last development update before actual release of this mod. All weapons are done, however some work is still left to do to truly complete the mod: some changes, enhancements and fixes, some features, optimizations, addons, support for future projects of mine, menus to tweak the settings, documentation (yes, I will make a full extensive doc on all you need to know, either you're an admin or player, dev docs may come later if there's any interest which I kinda doubt, so I won't do those for now, but I will let the code open like I always do, so...), and then a small private beta-testing to ensure everything is fine and then release.

And as tradition demands, a development update comes always with new things to look at, in this case the two last weapons from this pack: the Executioner and Razored Translocator, as you can see below.
One of the totally new things introduced with both weapons is the appearance of actual blood in the blades of each weapon. Not only "red blood", but 5 possible colors as mercenaries have green blood for instance. Each weapon has a command that can be used to clean the blood from them if you wish: CleanBlades (Executioner) and CleanRazor (R.T.).

The Executioner
This is the melee weapon of the pack, it comes with 4 configurable different firemodes, from which you can choose 2: single, double, single+double mix and charged attack.
With charged attack you have pretty much the same destructive and impact effect from impact hammer, which means instant killing upon charging and "charged jumps".

TheExecutionerShot.png

TheExecBlood.png
TheExecCharge.png

TheExecMoreBlood.png

Razored Translocator (R.T.)
The R.T. is a special kind of translocator that has 2 possible device modes: a regular one and one with blades.
The regular one will work pretty much like the standard one physics-wise, however once you activate the blades it will behave a like a Ripper blade, but hitting walls endlessly.
When you activate the blades, you can cut down enemies (several at once since it passes through their flesh) and translocate to great distances, however it brings the disadvantage of being bigger (so it cannot pass through narrow spaces), the travel is a bit more turbulent, it's slower to relaunch, and since it never stops you can never really rely on its position, and if you do monitor it, with the action UT has you may as well get fragged while you wait and look intently to the trajectory of this device.
But if however you don't like one of the modes, you can disable either one, as configure lots of settings, such as: fx, sounds, speed, etc.

There are 2 new fx you can choose from (actually 4, but 2 of them are: no fx and standard teleport fx from UT):
* glowing team-colored particles: these leave a glowing decay in both points that quickly fades away like dust;
* dark particles: basically the dark version of the one above (better for dark places to not be noticed).

RTShot.png

RTDevice.png

RTTeleFX.png
RTTeleDarkFX.png

RTModes.png
RTBlood.png

Well, I won't announce a final release date just yet because bad delaying-kind stuff happens whenever I set a date, but I would say that the progress is pretty much at 95% now, so all I ask you to wait a little bit longer as it's almost ready.

Thanks for your support so far

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Still in the phase of fixes and enhancements, but since some months have passed and someone at moddb just screamed "update please!", I thought... well, why not?
As for a release, well, 1st preview in August 2010, 2nd preview in August 2011, release... perhaps you can guess where this is going.
Let's see if I can match that time (during that month I will have plenty of time for this thus perhaps that will be "the time").

To whoever saw the 2nd preview of NW3, in the end of the video I have shown the Megaton nuclear explosion at the time and the guided nuke HUD.
If you don't remember those, I invite you to just check the nuke part of the video to see the "old" ones.
Anyway, I found those a bit "meh.." and decided to enhance both a bit (along with all the nuclear explosions and all the other NW3 weapons).

So as an example of those enhancements, I present you the Megaton nuke enhancement and guided nuke HUD enhancement, still not perfect, but I won't enhance these any further, so this is an example of what you should expect in the final release.
Again, sorry for the huge development time, but I didn't have that much of a choice...

Nuke04Enhancement.PNG

NukeGuideEnhancement.png

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Still looking forward to this... Even though I have installed UT2004 for the mean time.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, a small update: there are just 2 (important) features left (ZP and a few MH things), then beta, then finally public release.
In the meanwhile, just a last bundle of media to note that development on this is alive:
- Nali weapons history;
- Hands new skins;
- UltimaProtos nuke;
- Nuclear warning mutator;
- Weapon locker;
- Body armor skin improvement;
- Nuclear level 3.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, over a week has passed and the NW3 release news weren't posted yet, so updated this thread instead.

So here it is, the pack is released and updated the very first post of this topic with the download links and a video featuring all the weapons and nukes.

Enjoy :)

PS.: Could please an admin change this topic's title to "Nali Weapons 3 - Release"? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Quadruple posting... (likely the last one too):

Well, I just made 2 open maps to properly test the NW3 nuclear weapons better:
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyy84epenff4e0j/UTNuclearTestMaps.zip

Just enable NW3 and start either map. The nukes are located closely (if you don't find them, just type "fly" and look around and you will certainly find them easily).
The files within the zip go to the Maps folder in your UT install.

DISCLAIMER: These maps will crash a lot with the nukes if you fire tons of them at the same time or/and add at least 10 bots (and even less, depending on the situation and what you're looking at, in which angle, etc). I am still tracking the exact reason of the crash (since it's a native problem with UEngine), but it seems to be a problem with the decals or/and what they generate afterwards, so I would ask whoever tries the nukes out in these maps to try with 20 bots and with decals on and then off, and let me know if with decals off it never crashes (with decals off the debris effects will be disabled as well).
I am not sure if I am going to be able to fix this problem, but if I can at least understand what's causing it, probably I can avoid or manipulate the game in such a way to fix it (like I did with a few other things in this mod so they could work properly).
It's not critical though since it only happens in absolutely giant maps like these with nothing further around (maps no one really plays for real anyway) and in online games the odds of a client crash are far smaller (the server never crashes).

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
XVehiclesShot.png

Well folks, I don't know if you remember about this project at all or not, but these are the reason why I started to work on Nali Weapons 3.
X-Vehicles was supposed to be a full vehicles pack for UT to complement NW3 (that's why this mod has vehicular mines, T-missiles and plenty of nukes).

However, notice the word "was"..... yeah, it won't happen anymore. This vehicle mod won't be finished since I am going to leave the UT modding scene this year, and move on to more serious things such as UDK, as NW3 online success wasn't as great so for me is rather pointless to do anything beyond it.

TankGKOne.PNG

But fear not, within some weeks I will release the final version of NW3 with fixes and a few addons AND X-Vehicles as well as they were 2 years ago.
By then I will give more details (and a video), but basically this vehicles pack doesn't have any online support, lacks proper physics, AI and HUD, besides having a few bugs (again, the last time I touched them was 2 years ago, so not the best visuals nor coding), but they can still be used to toy around and build SP maps with no online support in mind though.

Tanks.PNG

Also, my NW3 Dropbox mirrors are now down (your fault for downloading too much :p), so if you need mirrors (because GameFront excluded your country or so), then I already added more mirrors to the first post (from MediaFire).

In a last note: the ModDB MOTY (Mod Of The Year) is now running, so if you think this mod is worthy, I would appreciate a vote :)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3 (scroll down, it's the first big green button you see, no registration needed)

Also, it's highly encouraged to vote for other UT mods from other authors if you like them as well:
http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&game=5 (the same way: just select the mod(s) you like and vote on them, it would be nice to have at least one UT mod in the top100 MOTY this year)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Just a small update for whoever still watches this topic: new gore system (screenshots below).

The final version release is still TBD (the download of the first released version is in the first post), but it's near:
- finishing the documentation during this week (yeah, probably the first UT mod with a friggin' manual...)
- and then make a last new weapon with (what I think to be) an original concept, called The Overloader (name still suitable to change).

nw_gore_new_04.png

nw_gore_new_05.png

skelgibs_1.png

skelgibs_2.png

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
Wow I see freakin' skeletons just like in Unreal4Ever ! and flying bones !
I do enjoy this mod a lot :)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
The Oversurrector first look:
- The Oversurrector is (what I believe) to be an original concept which consists in sacrificing one of your weapons to unlock its "hidden" power, and thus is classified as a super weapon (just like the Redeemer).
This is supposed to be the "magic" weapon of the whole pack.
The effects coloring depends solely on the weapon being sacrificed (so FlameTracker would be mainly red/orange, the BoltRifle one would have a cyan theme, etc, any individual RGB coloring of the effects is possible).
This is a first look on the weapon selection and firing sequence, and in this case I set what *may* be the UltimaProtos weapon sacrifice color scheme.

OversurrectFL01.png

OversurrectFL02.PNG

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Oversurrections first look:

Although I already explained what The Oversurrector does somewhat, truth is that I didn't show anything so far. Therefore, since I got a bit of time in my hands I could finally input some work into this and 4 oversurrections are already done.
Reiterating a bit: The Oversurrector is a new weapon that works by sacrificing other weapons. Each sacrificed weapon has a distinct effect (both when firing and on hit), but each one of these effects is guaranteed to bring extreme prejudice to your opponents. All oversurrections are configurable (how much time is active, damage, etc) and can be toggled (enable or disable each weapon oversurrection separately).
I bring some screenshots to show exactly the concept I am trying to develop, but I will probably do a video soon after I make some more "oversurrections" to show these better and how they behave.

R.T. oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting a giant saucer, teleported from elsewhere, which then teleports in 8 flying rotating blades.
Each one of these blades travel freely and go for the opponents heads, and are constantly teleporting to other places:
RTOversFX.png

RTLook.png

The Executioner oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting the Executioner "himself": a giant skeleton torso on the ground, screaming and wielding 2 deadly scythes, and will kill any opponents on sight and reach:
TheExecOversFX.png

TheExecLook.png

W.R.E. oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting the Enforcer "itself": a flying robot wielding dual miniguns, and will shoot down any opponent on sight.
It uses ionization technology to fly, while it uses the an higher caliber of the same kind of bullets as the W.R.E. to shoot.
WREOversFX.png

WRELook.png

Flame Tracker oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in creating a "small" volcanic eruption, filling a great area with lava and reduce the opponents to nothing but burnt skeletons:
FlameTOversFX.png

FlameTLook.png

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, the weapons have been rather extensively tested under different servers by several people. There are just a few bugs which I already addressed in the final version, and some of them are the crashing type (self-client-crash, the server is safe), so it's probably best to wait for the final version to do anything at all.

Bolt Rifle Oversurrection:
It casts a lightning storm for about 30 seconds (configurable). The lightnings may or may not hit the opponents directly, but if they land nearby they may still kill.
I have to say that the screenshots do not reveal that much of what is really going on in-game (effects-wise, as the electrical activity is a lot more intense than what's portrayed here and aren't meant to be seen as still images). Soon I will make a preview video on this and the other oversurrections.
BoltOversFX.png

BoltLook.png