INF DecalStay V3.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Khutan

Always in a vicious circle....
Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
Ok, here it is, the new INF DecalStay release. It now works with INF 2.86, and has also been integrated into the INF Main Menu ! :D no more ini editing:). It has the same weird installation procedure as before, so watch out for it (and don't forget to make sure there are no spaces at the end of the ini line ;)) here's a pic of the menu:

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
You are completely the man. A welcome return for this mutator!

Any chance of posting a link so we can use it ;)

*Edit : Haha. Insta-posted the author. *

Last edited:

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
This is so great, especially with that "integrated menu!"

Not any other mutator has done this. You are the first one, Khutan. :tup:

But it is a pity that this integrated menu can only work in v2.86 because the team has announced that they have been making a totally new GUI for v2.87.

And as for making empty magazines stay, I think Khutan you don't have to do this. Actually this feature should have been included in v2.86 but somehow it is not included. About two weeks before v2.86 was released, Warren posted a v2.86 detail list. In that list, Warren said both empty magazines and empty brass casings can be set to stay forever, but after v2.86 released, we only get brass casings with this feature.

So, I think this will be officially corrected in v2.87.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
NO SLEEP FOR YOU! WORK SLAVE, WORK! *vrrc cracks out a whip* NOW, MUTATE!

Cool. Can't wait until it finishes d'loading.

Erh... stupid question... where is the Infiltration INI?

Saving Private Raptor

What The ^%&;*$!!!
Dec 5, 2000
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Great work Khutan :) . There is just one problem that I've got with this mutator :( . Its that the right side of the menu screen is f**ked up. Look at the screen shots below:

This one is with World Texture Detail on low
Shot00001.jpg

This one with Medium
Shot0002.jpg

And this one with High
Shot0003.jpg

Its not that important but can you please try and fix this?

Once again good job :tup:

Khutan

Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
awww damnit:( Something always goes wrong :rolleyes: I'll see what I can do about it (I had no idea the world detail even effected the menu :rolleyes: ) Expect V3.1 either tomorrow or Tuesday..;)
But it is a pity that this integrated menu can only work in v2.86
I knew about that, did it anyway hehe, if it's still possible to run INF DecalStay with 2.87 (it may well be broken again), then I can re-use parts of the menu interface I have already done.

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Khutan

Jul 25, 2001
Merseyside, UK
www.planetunreal.com
lol - fixed :D (i forgot to turn off generation of lower detail textures). You'll have to wait for it a little bit longer though (I'm going to see what I can do about shellcasings/magazines). Btw I also found another bug (that I've fixed), so if you want to see how good a beta tester you'd make, see if you can find it ;)

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
Hum... Khutan, if you could mod the menus and give new options, could you make one to modify loadout? I mean, break the ammo limits or change the bulk values of items?

I have been thinking about making a mutator for the loadout system but the way mutator used to work it could not be done (since it had to work before the game started). But since you could do that, i guess many other small thing of that kind could be done...

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
INF-DecalStay is cool ... but to suggest changes in our loadout setup etc etc is not the thing I wanna see happen. Some mutators mix up INF to be more like UT, CS or anything alike... so these mutators are doing a "fine" job to change INFs basic rules. I don't want you to stop such things but honestly I don't like to see these things happen.
We develope INF to be different from standard FPSs and we would like to stay different... so plz do not mess up with such basic things like loadouts etc.

I hope you can understand, thx.

oh and the ammo limit will be gone in the next version... (if the balancing is ok while testing)

- Beppo

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
Beppo: I had no intention of wanting an UTish killing the loadout system, quite the opposite... I think the bulk should be the relative "bulkiness" and nothing to do with weight...

A large rifle should be combersome and make it akward to move around if you carry more than one of them... I think if weapons were a lot more bulky than their ammos, we would see a lot more of 1-2 weapons loadout instead of walking amories (to have more ammos to spare)...

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
R-Force, no offense or something alike... your post wasn't the real reason for my post actually... it only "fitted" at the mo...
I just wanted to post this in a thread about INF mutators and your post was near such an intention to change basic things that I simply thought that I had to reply to it.

Well the new and reworked stamina and bulk system really changes the loadout characteristics a lot if compared to the current version of INF.
But I guess it's not good to limit the players loadout directly. So we will allow multiple weapons with a resulting loss of stamina of course. So if a player really wants to "walk" around like a little WarMachine... he/she can... but light-weight-soldiers will run past ya with a smile :p