Unreal FOV Value is Absent

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
I want to change my FOV to 100 in Unreal. The "FOV 100" command works, but doesn't stick, and there are no "DesiredFOV" lines in User.ini. What can I do?

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
IIRC the only way is to bind the "fov 100" to some key

It seems you're right. That's pretty weird though, considering you can set it just fine in UT, and it's practically the same engine.

I think I'll just live with the default FOV, and I'll have the bonus of minimal edge distortion.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I may be wrong, but I honestly do not think official Unreal versions have this value changeable in a permanent way. However, Patch 227 contains an "Adjust widescreen" option right under the Resolution settings in the menu and that sticks with you even after you restart the game.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
If only somebody could code an actor to modify the defaultFOV upon game launch!
if only

As Delacroix suggested, the patch 227 gives you a FOV adjuster in the menu, which works permanently. Also you can set widescreen resolutions and many more things. It's quite worth it.
I just installed the patch over my existing Unreal installation and had no problems.