Aliens: Colonial Marines Due Q1 2009

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines has been pegged for a Q1 2009 release, according to a release schedule from Sega Europe.

The schedule lists a "Q1 2009" release for Aliens: Colonial Marines, which was originally expected in late 2008. Sega was unable to tell VideoGamer if that was calendar Q1 (January 1-March 31) or fiscal Q1 (April 1-June 30), April will see Sega begin its 2010 fiscal year, suggesting that the date applies to the calendar year.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Well, if that's so, gearbox better hurry the hell up and release some media :mad:. We have all of like five screenshots from the game and they're supposedly releasing inside of two months.

I mean, with Batman we're lamenting lots of shots and no gameplay details. Now we don't even have the shots. I'm going to be super-pissed if they don't advertise this game and then act surprised when it fails and refuse to do another one. The world needs more well-done alien/predator games that aren't just cheap cash-ins on movies.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
AvP2 was great, but it was a slower, less-frightening AvP. Oh yeah, and they cut out pretty much the entire dismemberment engine. There was nothing quite like chopping off a synthetic's arm, only to have him fire the shotgun one-handed, toss it up and grab it by the foregrip to jerk it down and cock it, then toss it back up again to grab it by the grip, level, and shoot again. AvP was sublime, and I highly recommend it, though it may be a bit rough to get it to run on XP/Vista.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I don't think I've actually seen any media for this game whatsoever but I know of the games existence.
First quarter of 09 you say? :con:

Lruce

MaestroMaus

Jul 22, 2008
I am afraid this is going the same way as Hells Highway --> not enough time to finish/polish the game, which would really be a shame. AVP2 was phenomenal when it was released, and the concept of AVP holds a lot of potential to do a lot of different things in great ways. I sure hope the guys at Gearbox don't ruin the series.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
AvP was a good game, above average if you like scary games, but it wasen't quite great.

AvP2 was great, it had much better story telling, and was alot more creepy (whereas AvP could be a little too fast, and pile the action on too much ruining the paranoia feel a bit), a tough act to follow, though it was held back a bit by technical shortcommings.

This one.. yeah, i too fear that they wont give it the polish that it needs to be great, so many games just fall flat out short of their potential due to this thease days :(

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
BIG FAN of Aliens!

Well im declaring that im a big fan of the series of Aliens, long time ago i played before AVP and AVP 2 with the respective expansion primal hunt, and both was a good experience of action and suspense combined with fear sometimes, the game is spooky man! haha and well, when i get the news flash about Aliens colonial marines WOW i was very hyped about it, and i cant wait much longer to play one more time in close encounters against the xenomorphs YEAH! bring it!!!!!! hope the game arrive soon :D

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
Must admit that I was only vaguely aware of this one and had assumed from the title that it would be an ETQW like twist on the franchise. A single player campaign will still be fun as long as its done well. So though a little disapointed by reading this I will probably still take a look at the game.

Last edited:

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Must admit that I was only vaguely aware of this one and had assumed from the title that it would be an ETQW like twist on the franchise. A single player campaign will still be fun as long as its done well. So though a little disapointed by reading this I will probably still take a look at the game.

Also has 4-player class-based online co-op.