Flag Pack II

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Odds

SuperGlue Studios
Oct 19, 2004
Ipswich, UK
www.supergluestudios.com
Flag Pack II
Team: Alkazex, Boksha, Killbait, Nuky, Odds, Scourgem, Z3D

From the people that brought you Flag Pack 2004, comes more CTF lovin' than you can shake a flag at.

fp2-ages.jpg

fp2-gauntlet.jpg

fp2-grizzled.jpg

fp2-hallofgiants.jpg

fp2-junglepass.jpg

fp2-zittarion.jpg

More maps and shots en route.

Coming sooooooon....

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Very nice :eek: :notworthy:

Though in your case, I'd rather have a map blueprint instead of screenies: the first FP was good in visuals, but awesome when it came to gameplay ;)

Keep up the good work :)

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
These look cool...*sigh* I really should get into CTF. I even downloaded the previous flag pack...and it's sitting there on my HD..untouched...

I really should have a look, I've even played a lot more DDOM than I have CTF....and these maps DO look pretty tempting...

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Can never go wrong with more CTF content! :tup:

Israphel said:
I really should have a look, I've even played a lot more DDOM than I have CTF....and these maps DO look pretty tempting...

:stick:

You, sir, have yet to experience the true essense of UT2k4!

Do yourself a big favor. Forget any of the other gametypes exist for one month and play nothing but CTF. It will change your entire perspective of the game. ;)

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Hu****inra!

Sweet - bug HoG in today's hitscan market? :B

We need rotato !...

Hey odds - if i work with you for ideas, can we rehash an old UT99 custom that i have ideas for but can't use UED for? :p

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Renegade Retard said:
You, sir, have yet to experience the true essense of UT2k4!

Do yourself a big favor. Forget any of the other gametypes exist for one month and play nothing but CTF. It will change your entire perspective of the game. ;)

I just tried earlier...honest I did...but when I looked for a server it was only FaceClassic or Bridge of Fate...both of which I've played and didn't like that much :(

I was a bit surprised actually, I'm on ONS player and there are always stacks of servers to choose from (if not the variety of maps that I'd like to see), but there really aren't that many CTF servers running.
Whether I play CTF or not, I want UT2k4 to be popular and want core game types like CTF and TDM to have a wide player base, so it's a shame really.

But I will persevere...I will have a few games of CTF online..give it a couple of weeks (sorry, I just love Onslaught too much to stop playing it completely in favour of another gametype:) ).

It just hammers home the perrenial problem of there being GREAT custom maps produced for all gametypes, but people still want to play the same old maps over and over. I admire the people who make this stuff....they put a huge amount of effort in to produce good maps, and then they so rarely get played on servers.
My favourite DM maps I only efer get to play offline because I can't find them on servers (stuff like Achilles, Buliwyf, 4daysTemuto, 1on1 Sae, Waisten etc)...there are some ONS servers that have good map selections (thankyou Titan), but it would be a pity if the maps in this pack (which look really nice) don't get played online. :)

Last edited:

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Looks great

I just hope the Gauntlet flagroom was enlarged to consider the new movement speed and style. The original one was already cramped

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Israphel said:
I just tried earlier...honest I did...but when I looked for a server it was only FaceClassic or Bridge of Fate...both of which I've played and didn't like that much :(

I was a bit surprised actually, I'm on ONS player and there are always stacks of servers to choose from (if not the variety of maps that I'd like to see), but there really aren't that many CTF servers running.
Whether I play CTF or not, I want UT2k4 to be popular and want core game types like CTF and TDM to have a wide player base, so it's a shame really.

But I will persevere...I will have a few games of CTF online..give it a couple of weeks (sorry, I just love Onslaught too much to stop playing it completely in favour of another gametype:) ).

It just hammers home the perrenial problem of there being GREAT custom maps produced for all gametypes, but people still want to play the same old maps over and over. I admire the people who make this stuff....they put a huge amount of effort in to produce good maps, and then they so rarely get played on servers.
My favourite DM maps I only efer get to play offline because I can't find them on servers (stuff like Achilles, Buliwyf, 4daysTemuto, 1on1 Sae, Waisten etc)...there are some ONS servers that have good map selections (thankyou Titan), but it would be a pity if the maps in this pack (which look really nice) don't get played online. :)
Just went ingame for my favorites to find a couple of links of 'good custom CTF' servers, and ATM I have 2 full servers (each 10 players), both playing FP-CampersCrossing. If you're fast, you might still find an audience when you go online:

url=ut2004://213.202.197.9:7777
ut2004://194.146.226.220:7777

These ping good to me, so I guess they're European based.
Oh, and don't worry: if the second pack has as good gameplay as the first one (graphics don't seem to be a problem so far), then they'll be played as well :)

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
Renegade Retard said:

But CTF is so boring and slow-paced, it's like chess with people that don't know how to play chess. If you can't grind a flag carrier under a wheel/fan/tread, it's just no good.