Custom TAUNTS...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
hmmm
i know descent 3 has that option so it is possible
wheather it can be done in UT i dont know
i just know its used in other games

M

Meister

I would think that unless there are hidden voices/phrases packed into UT, you would not hear anything from a custom taunt, unless you downloaded the specific voice pak. For example, Tribes had extra voice phrases in the voice files that all users had, but were not accessible via the normal menus. You had to manually call them in your .ini files. Perhaps this is what is happening when someone hear's a custom taunt.

CliffyB, care to comment?

[This message has been edited by Meister (edited 11-29-1999).]

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
I have seen several posts now of only the question....HOW do we make our own custom taunts..ANYONE?? Anyone?? To who ever can provide the answer I will send a bouquet of virtual flowers /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Thanks

S

Stallion

Custom taunts can be created, but they require all users on the server to download (and you have to be the server admin). Custom taunts which you might here are from the mesh you get after beating the single player game.

bullet2.gif

Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
So Stallion...it is possible to create your own...do you know of any resources on how to do this...and then in order for others to hear them they have to have them..or just the serving comp? I mainly play against my bro across town so this would not be a prob...Thanks

bullet2.gif

The more I learn...the more I realize I don't know $#!%

dolce916

Desmoquatro
Nov 25, 1999
KC, KS USA
www.velocimoto.com
DOH after rereading your post Stallion..I asked a stupid Q..However I am still interested in any info on how I go about creating them...Thanks

bullet2.gif

The more I learn...the more I realize I don't know $#!%

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I'm going to *bump* this for the following reasons:
  1. Custom audio taunts are SO cool! I've used them in D3, and they are so fun/funny!
  2. It's the oldest thread in the UT forum :D
  3. I can

BIG.GUN

May 4, 2000
Visit site
I would hope that someone who has actually made a voice pack- there are many out there, such as a Darth Vader, Homer, and Mr.Burns- would explain how they created it, so that anyone here could do it. You need some kind of program beyond recording wav files. I see the sounds are in a .uax format. We need to know what converts and compiles the sound files and how to set-up the .int file to refer to them.

Anybody who's done it?