only host sees new skins on lan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wyndell

Jan 10, 2000
lubbock, tx, usa
Visit site
had a lan party and all computers had the new skins and textures, however, only the host computer could see the new skins. All of the other computers just saw green blobs. It didnt matter which computer was host. Is there something I have done wrong?
thanks

Bot_Thrasher

Jan 5, 2000
St. Joseph, MI USA
First, all of the skins that you want to use must be on the host system.

Each one of those skins has a name, as labelled by it's .int file. That must be told to the server to download those skins to any machines connecting to it that don't have it. That is accomplished in the unrealtournament.ini file under the [Engine.GameEngine] location where you will state ServerPackages= whatever the name of the .int file is WITHOUT the .int extension.

Example:
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack
ServerPackages=BossSkins_666
ServerPackages=De

bullet2.gif

- * - * - * - * -
[Crackle] Roger that, Red Leader!! [Crackle]

wyndell

Jan 10, 2000
lubbock, tx, usa
Visit site
All skins have been copied to each computer. Even a computer (not host) makes its own guy look green even though they play fine in single player or if it is the host.

ie,

computer 1 has spiderman skin and looks like spiderman when playing by itself.
computer 2 host game and sees the spiderman skin. Computer 1 skin is green blob in multiplyer with comp 2 as host. It looks green when i die and can see my self. Also looks green to comp 3, 4, 5 etc. If any comp host a game it then is able to see the new skins but none of the others are. I have copied the int to all system folders and the utx to all texture folders.
Sorry if I'm not the brightest I'm just a bit confused.

XSenergy

Nov 26, 1999
Arlington, TX USA
Visit site
Yeah, I know, I've been having that same problem, I thought if each computer had a skin, they could see each other... I hope it's not any more complicating than that. And I know what you mean by green blobs hehe

bullet2.gif

Signature
Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's
administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB
Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

xsenergy.jpg

Dammit, they're right.

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
You'd best install all the skins properly on all the machines as if they were all servers. When a skin package is downloaded via your LAN from server to clients, the clients only get the skin saved in their cache folder. The clients do not get the *.int file that the server has.

Also, did you add the line to your server's UT.ini file known as serverpackages=???
Here is a copy from my UT.ini file to give you an idea of what is going to be in there. I have added DukeNukem and terminator voice packs (the first 2 listings) and Duke skins and chemical Boss skins are shown at the end of the list.

fileserverpackages=dukepackage
serverpackages=termpackage
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
Serverpackages=SoldierSkins_Duke
ServerPackages=BossSkins_666

Also, I believe that you cannot see or use any Boss skins unless you have beaten the tournament or else add the following to the end of your user.ini. I also found that I could not see any other skins on my bots until I had added this line, but I could be mistaken. I know it wasn't working and I fiddled around a bit , and then it was working.

[Botpack.Ladder]
HasBeatenGame=True

[This message has been edited by HuFlungDung (edited 01-10-2000).]

wyndell

Jan 10, 2000
lubbock, tx, usa
Visit site
after adding the files to the ini it worked. Does this mean the computer is getting the skins and images from the host computer instead of its own folder since the skins and textures are on each computer?
btw, where id you get the termator voice?
thanks for the help

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
The terminator voice pak was included with the Duke pak that I downloaded, but I've forgotten where from. However, check your mailbox as I sent you the file /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif