Linux mandrake 8.0 and UT problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

StalkingViper

Anti-Grenade Launchers/Shotguns
Dec 1, 2000
HI i have search and read some posts that are similair to my problem. I have tried to edit my xfree86.conf file but i dont see any GLX stuff in it.(was suggested in anothe post). When i try to launch UT this is the error that i get. After i installed it the game ran twice. Both times the city demo ran with a bunch of white shapes with no textures. After that the attached image is what
i keep getting. Im a newb to linux so id aprreciate any help yall can gimve me thanx.

Linux Mandrake 8.0
Athlon 1.2 gig
512 pc133 ram
Radeon 64 DDR VIVO
ut-install-436.run

Peace SV

StalkingViper

Anti-Grenade Launchers/Shotguns
Dec 1, 2000
Its a ATI card so its d3d or opengl i installed it for open gl. Since d3d aint an option. i tried changing my resolutions and colors but it keeps setting it back to 24 bit. I just need to figure out what the hell that Xlib glx thing is i think.

Ruin

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
check it out bro, i had the same problem with my install of UT on RedHat
7.1, turned out it was because my video drivers werent installed right.
Here's what i did,

If your using RPM version of your driver, dont..that seems to screw things up, i ended up going to Nvidia's site (i have a tnt2 so this is gonna be a little different.)

If they have the tarball version of the driver then get that and follow the readme, do the install from a command line it will more than likely work better then if you're going to use the OpenGL driver make sure your Unrealtournament.ini has the

{Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice

And if you have a S3 chipset card, or a TNT chipset card (which you dont, probably if its an ATI)
under

[SDLGLdrv.SDLGLRenderDevice]

put

UseS3TC=1 (for s3 based cards)
and
UseTNT=1 (for TNT based cards)

and Whamo it worked for me.

now if i could just get sound working id be cool, also, theres a place in here to speed up mouse sensativity that you may wanna increase,
id tell ya but i forget and am actually looking for now.

Well dude, i hope this helps you in some way.

Ruin. PS if anyone reads this post, please post about sound
i have a FIC motherboard AZ11 with Via Chipset onboard sound, it works everywhere else but unreal (and windows, but thats to be expected from MS)

RedHat 7.1
KDE (unsure of version, whatever the most recent version that comes with redhat since i just downloaded it a couple days ago.)
180 Megs of Ram
Athlon 900
TNT2 Graphics, 32 megs

thanks folks
Ruin

Ruin

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Nah, KDE
Sound seems to work everywhere else tho, thats the odd part.
i can play CD's the desktop themes sounds work, just not unreal, its probably a setting somewhere that im missing, usually is.
Ill post my ini file later tonight for y'all to pick apart and tell me what i did wrong again hehe

Later peep, enjoy the day

Ruin