Patch released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
One part of the game, right?

Now compare this to other action games that have quick time events ALL OVER the place. You haven't seen real QTEstorms if you call this game a QTEstorm.
QTE quantity of Bulletstorm is perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
maybe it's not a QTEstorm, but there are waaay too many QTE in this game. they could be easily avoided and give more satisfaction. Esecially in a game named "bullet storm", where you "kill with skill" :rolleyes:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
...and almost all of those QTEs never come up in the middle of a battle*, most of them being even optional.

Unlike many action games do, once again.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Good, at least it's not 3/4th of every level that's full of QTEs.

All I remember is shooting something just to end the map, and the Sarrano crap. So much for a QTEstorm.

I don't think the game did force me to press "qte button" when I was fighting hordes of enemies, or when playing Echo and Anarchy. And that's a fine thing to me.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Tons of QTE in Echo. Climbing across stuff loads you up with QTEs, and every time an event happens there is a QTE.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
So you refer climbing and ladders as QTEs? My bad.

I only find QTEs annoying if they just come right in my face when I'm facing enemies. Otherwise, they don't bother me much.
Still far from the real QTEstorms I experienced in other games that appear like every minute.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
How could you not consider climbing ladders and things QTEs? You can't even progress unless you push the prompted keys.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
You can't even progress unless you push the prompted keys.

I can't progress through a gap/pit in an Unreal game (example) unless I push the jump button + directional one.
In one case you have full control of the action, in the other case it's just completely scripted. You still waste that bit of time to do both types of action.
Barely something on which I'd cry on.

Carry on with the argument anyway. I can name lots of negative points about this game and the presence of QTE isn't one of them.

Even though most of this stuff could be simply fixed by adding a JUMP button or by deactivating that retarded "non-falling-from-ledges" feature in Campaign/Echo modes.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
QTEs prompt you to press a button for some kind of reward or story progression. Your example is poor because jumping over a gap is playing the game. Pressing a button to complete an action that isn't related to the button at all is different.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
How could you not consider climbing ladders and things QTEs? You can't even progress unless you push the prompted keys.

Jumping over objects etc aren't QTEs because it is not a timed event. There's no failure condition for not pressing the key when prompted, and you can still do it after the prompt.

The arm-over-arm climbing sections and the thing where you have to hold down a button to watch something (wtf) are QTEs, because it's a timed event for points.