Review request

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wattoo

Oct 9, 2005
Hello,

I'm new to this sort of thing, but I requested a review a while back (April) and it still hasn't happened. Now I'm sure there's a massive workload, but there's other maps that have had reviews far more recently.

Unless my map is reviewed by my peers, it's kind of hard for me to get better and produce maps that more people will want to play.

Is there some weird system other than first come, first served or has my map fallen by the wayside for another reason.

Cheers

P.S. It's DM-Harbinger by the way

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
We have hundreds of maps waiting for reviews. And we have that list split into a 'general' review queue, and 'personal' review queues per reviewer.

If the review request went into the general queue (If you didn't specify a reviewer when you requested a review) then odds are it's mixed in with the hundreds of others patiently waiting.

If you like I'll grab it from the general review queue and add it to my personal list. But since I've been on hiatus, my list has grown long and it will take a little while to get to it. But it will get reviewed a lot sooner than if it sits in the general queue.

And there are many maps in the review queue older (much older) than yours so don't feel too bad that it wasn't picked up.

Lemme know if you'd like me to add it to my list or not.

-AV

wattoo

Oct 9, 2005
Cheers for the swift response.

I don't mind waiting, but I see maps that have been added in August reviewed ahead of mine, so I didn't know if I'd messed up the review request or something.

I don't think I requested a specific reviewer because (as it's my first map) I thought it would be more likely to be reviewed if I didn't show favouritism. As it is, I want to crack with learning so, yes, if you don't mind, bung it on your review queue.

And thanks again for the quick response

hostile

Oct 12, 2005
Hey my maps have been here for years. 05-20-2001 I think was my first noobe map added. A few I really don't want reviews. They were made only to run on buddy's server or our gang's lan partys. Not pretty but was fun and were there at nalicity. Easy to pass around. :/
But a few, I thought were done well.
I can't even get but a few comments. I would rather comments from players and servers than a review, but reviews are noticed. Then you can get some input. Right!
The only thing I can say, if you make a good map it will get noticed if it's not noticed maybe just as well, and probably needs work.
"Good maps demand
attention!" There are way to many out there.
Yours better
stand out!

Ironblayde

Director of Misanthropy
Feb 24, 2004
Why is this thread back from the grave? Was your post intended to be directed towards wattoo, or is it just a rant? If the former, AV gave DM-Harbinger its review months ago. ;)

hostile

Oct 12, 2005
I'ts just rant didn't think a big deal and not all that old.
Not intended to wattoo. I'ts just we hear this alot, sorry not a big deal, huh?

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Problem is, the really crappy maps get a lot of attention, if ya know what I mean, hell try dm-headake i think its spelled like that, not ach.it even got a review lol.

and good maps wich are looked at ,the users go for looks not a kickass maps.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
It is frustrating to put a lot of work into a map and then not even get comments on it. Hell, I'd be fine with "OMG YOU MAP SUCKS SO BAD AND ALL THE THINGS ABOUT IT R BAD N STUFF," at least then you know what people think.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Humankind can do without your maps; however, they may be just what we need to catapult us into the fourth dimension.