The Big TKing Problem...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Hey INF team, you gotta do something about this fast or your going to have a big problem on your hands. I know I'm not perfect, and I accidentally TKed Gryphon but thats not the point.. the point is some people are doing it on purpose and we need stricter punishments on servers for them. Like a two-strike rule or something. Just having your score go negative isn't enough.

But, I have a mutator that works with Infiltrtion called 'Team Beacon' it puts a big beacon over friendly people and nothing over enemies. So you know who your shooting at. Its pretty primitive but it works.

-------------------------
"For the power of
darkness shall smite over
any bullet, and rend
through any armor. "
animation6.gif

-=<<NRA>>=-

Jul 6, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>it puts a big beacon over friendly people [/quote]

your aware that this is a realism mod right?

<center>
lightsig.jpg
</center>

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
The patch will allow people to be voted off. That should help immensely. What we need to have is that if you're voted off say, more than twice in a day, then you'll be banned from the server for the day.

INF3.gif

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
Lets see how the voting system works out, and take it from there. (Also, you cant just quit and rejoin with this patch, so our probs may be solved.)

If you are like me, you like the extra strategy that having friendly fire on gives...and creates better team play....so if we can vote a-holes outa here, then so be it.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
I know its not realistic but which you rather have : being shot down by some loser who's on your own team and waiting the whole game out or have a slightly irrealistic beacon over teammates heads?

-------------------------
"For the power of
darkness shall smite over
any bullet, and rend
through any armor. "
animation6.gif

-=<<NRA>>=-

Jul 6, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> slightly irrealistic [/quote]

ohh yeah...its only slightly irrealistic to have a big thing floating around your head...hmmm

<center>
lightsig.jpg
</center>

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
I have played on a server tonight that had these settings:
Red team: RussianT
Blue team: Woodland
FriendlyFireScale: 0%
FriendlyFireDamage: about 50% I think.
That means that if you shoot someone on your team you take damage not him.

Of course there were people moaning about the two skins being the same. But I think it's the most fair skin combination. Both pretty good camo and still you can notice the difference pretty good.
Anyway I was shot more often by my teammates than by the enemy, and everytime I thanked the settings that's not me who is punished for their stupidity or triggerhappiness.
And it just doesn't allow lamers to make TK'ing their sports.

In real life you'd probably get booted if you repeat to down more team members than enemies real quickly. That's not possible in Inf. And banning people who just shot teammates because they are so excited (instead of TK'ing with intention) is not fair.

My favorite settings so far on public servers, although I usually prefer realism.

Farouk

Adept
Oct 19, 2000
Germany
Maybe that's because "real" has it's origin in Latin and many languages use it in one form or another.
In German it is "irreal" not "unreal" and I think it's similar in other languages.