Switching Seats

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I know this is a fairly n00bish question...

I can't switch seats in vehicles... I read somewhere that '1','2' and '3' switch you around in the seats... but I've long edited my keys, so that doesnt work for me.. any ideas?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
ohhhh that's why my buttons don't work anymore. I reassigned all those weapons. :lol: That kind of sucks for me because I don't really need the assault rifle bound to anything and I use all my other keys for more important stuff.

SuperGoop

Mar 26, 2004
When I am in the Tank all by myself, will I be able to switch from the cannon to the machine-gun when those pesky Rapters shows up?

I will try it when I get home tonight, but in the meantime, does anyone know?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You can switch seats with bots, it will force them into the seat you were in. You can not force a switch with humans. Wait till they get out first.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
When your setting up your keys in the menu it has the numbers bound to the weapons as the primary configuration. In order to still use the number keys bind your weapon binds in the menu as secondary. That way it doesn't mess up the number scheme.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
and it's not assault rifle either. I don't have AR bound and I can get into any seat with my weapon binds.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
TWD said:
When your setting up your keys in the menu it has the numbers bound to the weapons as the primary configuration. In order to still use the number keys bind your weapon binds in the menu as secondary. That way it doesn't mess up the number scheme.

very good info :tup:

And PCB, no assault?

But the grenades are so friggen powerful, I get a least a couple of kills every map with them.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
They really should make it so you can bind seat switching to anything. Like have a whole new command i.e. SwitchSeat 1, SwitchSeat2, SwitchSeat3. And as default your ini would look like:

1=SwitchWeapon 1 | SwitchSeat 1
2=SwitchWeapon 2 | SwitchSeat 2
3=SwitchWeapon 3 | SwitchSeat 3

That way, you could easily edit the ini and bind the switch seat commands to any of your weapon binds. For example, I would do:

NumPad0=SwitchWeapon 9 | SwitchSeat 1
NumPad1=SwitchWeapon 4 | SwitchSeat 2
NumPad4=SwitchWeapon 7 | SwitchSeat 3

I don't have assualt or shield gun bound because it takes no time to switch to xloc then mousewheel. And by using the arrow keys for movement, the stretch up to 1, 2, and 3 is quite a reach even if you did as TWD mentioned and used the 2nd column for you binds.

Last edited:

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
very good info :tup:

And PCB, no assault?

But the grenades are so friggen powerful, I get a least a couple of kills every map with them.

Assault rifle is almost worthless; the grenades are OK but if I have any other weapon I'd rather use it. The only time I use assault is if the only other gun I have is an LG and I get a body shot, then I use the mousewheel to get out the AR and primary them to death. ;)

Watching demos of the 'pros' though, they sometimes spam grenades in very specific circumstances.... like up into the amp area on Compressed. Perhaps I should re-bind it.