Savage 4 and D3D / S3 metal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Da_BeAsT

Dec 9, 1999
Cardiff, UK
Visit site
when I run the S3 metal driver the game runs a little slow and crashes after about 10 mins
whole comp freezes /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
when I use D3D the game it fine, but the menu screen if messed up, and has loads of lines across it
anyone having this problem?
I am using a Savage 4 32 meg
It is annoying me big time

------------------
Da_BeAsT, Licence to gib

ASHAW001

Dec 4, 1999
ALVARADO,TEXAS,USA
Visit site
YEA, I HAVE THE STEALTHIII, AND IT DOES THE SAME THING YOURS IS DOING.THESE GUYS WON'T HELP, DIAMOND A S3 WON'T HELP. I GUESS WE ARE SCREWED. I'M DOWNLOADING THE PATCH RIGHT NOW. I SURE HOPE IT HELPS. THE S3 GRAPHICS ARE KILLER, BUT THE FREEZE UPS SUCK. I ACTUALLY GOT AN HOUR OF PLAY IN LAST NIGHT, BEFORE IT FROZE. CAN ANY ONE SAY FUBAR?

SteveLS

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
I have a Creative 3D blaster S4, and I am not having any crashing problems. One thing you should try, is find a decent set of drivers. Try Rizen's tweaked drivers, (V 1.05 or later), and follow the instructions on improving the stability of UT.

I play at 800X600X32, high everything with no slowdowns, stuttering, lock-ups, or anything.

DeeVee9

Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
Been there, went to the site, downloaded that. No luck. Just made things more complicated. I have a Diamond Stealth III, and it runs best on D3D with no freezes or crashing, but the only reason I got this 3d card is so I could experience S3. It runs well on UT, but it freezes after 10 or so minutes, like you guys said. What the hell's with that???