UT2k3 patch delayed/EXPLAINED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Steve Polge said:
We've decided to hold off on it until we get closer to being done with UT2004, to make sure we don't have
to make any further changes that would break compatibility. Sorry, I don't have a new ETA yet.

- Steve

So now we know...the patch won't be out till late september AT THE EARLIEST... Oh well, I guess we were all counting on that ;)

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Ha! Yeah, and hopefully a few of the damned annoying log warnings that keep appearing due to buggy Epic code. Makes it hell trying to find my own errors amongst all of Epic's.....;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
:lol:

I don't know of a game that doesn't still need patching...except for maybe half-life, that game was patched enough for all the other games that never were.

Mr Evi1

Mar 22, 2002
UK
come.to
ChainsawMonkey said:
Ha! Yeah, and hopefully a few of the damned annoying log warnings that keep appearing due to buggy Epic code. Makes it hell trying to find my own errors amongst all of Epic's.....;)
Why do you write code with errors in it? I never do... :D

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
janiwashere said:
I didn't even know there is still going to be a patch for ut2k3... :con:

I guess there must be a new patch to bring it in line with UT2004 and vice versa. Epic have said that UT2003 will be somewhat compatible with 2004 and judging by what they are saying, the engine has had a complete overhaul which would necessitate the release of a "final" patch.

TBH I am looking forward to the 40% netcode optimizations :notworthy

janiwashere

FC-03B
Jan 12, 2000
Finlandia
www.carpeimperium.com
Sir_Brizz said:
:lol:

I don't know of a game that doesn't still need patching...except for maybe half-life, that game was patched enough for all the other games that never were.

What I meant was that there is always a huge hype before a patch is released and I didn't notice any, the so called "two weeks"-period. Oh wait, was that for BP's? cant remember... :)