Doom 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BinarySystem

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
igNiTion said:
i wholeheartedly disagree. read my post a bit up for the uses of each. nothing stopping you getting up close?? ok, for imps there's not. other things come right up to you, and it is hard as hell to hit with a shotgun when being attacked or when monsters are at your feet. and usually it is impossible to purposely put range between yourself and a monster - still in sight of each other, that is. and with revenants, they are just as deadly up close as far away. making it hard to use either shot gun OR machine gun / chain gun. and at long range the plasma is pretty much useless unless you plan on wasting a whole 50 cells...

Well, I killed almost everything with the shotgun. I fail to see why it's hard to shoot things at your feet or while you're being attacked. Maybe if you just stand there and get hit I could see it being a problem, but you are aware that you can dodge demon's melee attacks by stepping out of the way when they take a swipe? Even hell knights are pussycats in close combat if you just dodge their attacks. The only non-boss monsters that are tough in close combat are the dog things (because they are too fast to dodge) and the green soldier-demons with the tentacle arm, because they (unlike all other demons) can change the direction of their attack midway through a swipe.

Also, the plasma is very accurate and does not take many shots to kill a monster, assuming you are going for head shots which do considerably more damage. If you only do body shots the demons will be considerably tougher.

Also you can shoot down the revenant's rockets, so it is virtually defenseless at range.

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
DedPoet said:
Could you imagine being overrun by a mob of zombies that die only after you've obliterated every last piece of them? That would be slick.
Precisely what I had in mind. The run key would be your best friend then. And you'll hate your stamina. I'd love to see an FPS like this.

Btw, I done Doom3 with only machinegun shotgun and plasmagun

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I found that one by accident, its cool. did you click on it? that is how you get the ID Software PDA.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Predcaliber said:
ok got this from a site and ''the meant to be played'' system specs almost make me cry when I look at my PC :eek:

This is ridicilous, absolutly not fun anymore.
cmon, 2048 RAM :(

Minimum:
Processor: 1.5 GHz RAM: 384 - 512 MB Videocard: 64 MB card

Normal:
Processor: 2.4 GHz RAM: 1024 MB Videocard: 128 MB card

Meant to be played:
Processor: 3.4 GHz RAM: 2048 MB Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra or ATI Radeon X800 XT

With the "normal" system you can bump the graphics upto ultra-high without any hitches. The "meant to be played" system is pretty OTT. You can play just fine on half those specs.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
Doom3's boss wallpaper

New thumbnail from the upcoming wallpaper of doom3's endboss

5005120.jpg

thanx Tool for the Idea, hes got that very funny thing on a post from a boss from Doom3 :lol: but I cant find :tdown: