I destroyed my computer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
My work computer, luckilly
I spilt 7up on it, and it doesn't have a case. it shutdown ok, but never booted back up :(
had to spend the afternoon first trying to get that working, then transferring the good bits to another machine

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
That's why you don't get food or drink near your computer.

BTW how do those cyber cafe things work I mean what if one of those Koreans throws their coffe everywhere after they lose in starcraft?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Now we know where your name comes from

I guess you want to rival Skumboy as God of PC armageddon

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
unlucky dude , u should a kept it on and see how long it would work for :)
ive also had my fair share of liquid spillage on expensive stuff....like a pint of milk on my N64 on christmas day , lol...luckily it wasnt swiched on , and i just let it dry out ;)

BTW nice new sig 8-4-7-2

Aug 1, 2001
Left
Visit site
:( wow :(

Well my dad already spiled bear on our keyboard :p. The keys were all sticky after. And when we were pressing a key where it was spilled the key was staying pressed :(
dunno if you understood me :)
My english sucks.
I'm born french so that's why! :)

Uri19

Jul 12, 2001
"The World"
A friend of mine went to MS-DOS mode and ran the command:

Attrib msdos.sys -s -h -r
Del msdos.sys

Just for the fun of it.

My brother once tried to see how much of C:\Windows\ will Win95 let you erase.

The answer is FAR TOO MUCH. ROFL like 50 File not found errors.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by Silver_Dragon
:( wow :(

Well my dad already spiled bear on our keyboard :p. The keys were all sticky after. And when we were pressing a key where it was spilled the key was staying pressed :(
dunno if you understood me :)
My english sucks.
I'm born french so that's why! :)
Sorry dude, that's gotta suck... the french part anyway :D

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I spell and drop thousands of pounds and gallons of food and drink a week on my keyboard and it still works :)

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
I once opened up my keyboard to clean it and found(among other things):
A floppy disk(I DON'T know how it got in there... it was between the upper casing and the microchips)
Potato chips
About 3 cubic feet of dust
Mouse crap

And the time I picked up my monitor and smashed it into a wall...

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Originally posted by WildfireX2000
I once opened up my keyboard to clean it and found(among other things):
A floppy disk(I DON'T know how it got in there... it was between the upper casing and the microchips)
Potato chips
About 3 cubic feet of dust
Mouse crap

And the time I picked up my monitor and smashed it into a wall...

:confused: :con:

T

Terminal {DTH}

frustration can Really build up sometimes to MASSIVE proportions sometimes...

amitures all of ya. I destroyed a computer one day by first wacking it a few times, then kicking, stomping and even jumping 2 footed on the it. (i was having a bad day/week at the time. i felt not a BIT of regret for doing it either. ild much rather beat up on Things then people if it comes down to it. :con: )
surprisingly except for the HD it still worked. and that with a MASSIVE dent in the side that the MB bolts to.

a seperate time i surprised myself by busting my 17in monitor simply by slugging the screen.

and ive hammered any number of keyboards. its why i dont buy em new. :p

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
The best thing to do with a KEYBOARD if you spill drink on it is to unplug it and run it under a tap (faucet), then when it's dried out it should (hopefully be OK).

When I used to work in support, I remember one of my colleagues giving this advice to someone though, I remember taking the follow up call....

- "Good afternoon, Helpdesk, _____ speaking"
- "I spilt some coffee on my keyboard earlier, and Philippa told me to unplug it run it under the tap, let it dry, and plug it back in."
- "Yes, that normally works"
- "Well, now I can't get my laptop to work at all"

LAPTOP????????????? O SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy that rang actually had a doctorate, I couldn't believe he took his laptop off and ran it under a tap without even questioning it! (OK, my colleague probably should have asked if it was a laptop. As Einstein said "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the Universe).

T

Terminal {DTH}

perversly ive heard that BEER will clean coffie soda or whatnot form a keyboard. so long as its unplugged of corse. :p

John13

Scrotum Pole
Apr 13, 2001
0z
Visit site
don't know if you can wash the newer keyboards,
but I have a mate who regularly puts his old keyboard :no win key ;) under the shower. Comes up shiny and new and works fine after it's dried out

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
You fools. The PC sucks for breaking the keyboard. What you want is an Amiga.

See, most of the computer goes in the keyboard. Well, towers are becoming more popular now, but that's not the point. What is the point is that almost every upgrade has something you put in there. After installing extra memory, a CD-ROM drive, a hard disc, on top of the fact that the floppy disk drive is also contained in the keyboard, you're pretty lucky if everything still remains intact.

It's really not advisable to have drink near a keyboard that contains everything except the power supply :D. Which I also managed to break, btw, by putting it on the wrong power setting - I accidentally flicked a switch which I had no idea what it did. Turns out it set it for European mains supplies rather than British. Result when I turned it on: large flash, smaller bang, and a lot of smoke.

That's around the time when I gave up and finally fully converted to the PC :).