[Euro 2012] Discussion thread.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
The opening match is on Friday.

Who are you rooting for? Do you expect any group stage upsets? Which team will go under horribly and not be heard from again for a decade? Any guesses on who will win the tourney? Which are the dark horses? Discuss away!

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
i dont really know whos going to win and im not as interested as last time...
ill still watch a couple of games at least.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
I'm actually hoping to see some interesting play from England and France after their horrible fate in the last world championships. Of course I'm hoping for the Netherlands to get far in the tournament, though I'd prefer seeing them win/lose based on actual play instead of the Krav Maga match against Spain in the world championship finals.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
I'm actually hoping to see some interesting play from England...

You might be disappointed there. England are setting themselves up like Greece in 2004 (or like Chelsea in this seasons Champion's League).
Ironically, they may be more effective than they have been before, but pretty and interesting...?

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Good match the first one. But so much help from the referees to Poland to win the game, LOL that was ridiculous. Greece has every right to protest for 2 non yellow cards to the same player that left them with 10 and a goal (1-2) that was not off-side. The penalty execution was lame, LOL. But overall it was the better team even with 10 vs. 11, the referees unfairly have stolen their win.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
bath_time.jpg

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Let's hope the young guys thrive.

You might be disappointed there. England are setting themselves up like Greece in 2004 (or like Chelsea in this seasons Champion's League).
Ironically, they may be more effective than they have been before, but pretty and interesting...?

I'm too disillusioned to expect England to do well. I'd take effective and ugly over pretty and incoherent any day. I'd prefer them to do the basics right than try to be clever and fail miserably.

They could play the ugliest, blandest football in the world; if they win it, I'll cry like a girl.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Some good games today...but crikey, progression from this group might end up complicated.
If Holland beat Portugal 1-0 (not that unlikely) and Germany beat Denmark 1-0 (again, not unlikely), then Holland, Portugal and Denmark will all be on 3 points with a -1 goal difference.
How would qualification work then? Head to head results don't help, cos head to head Holland would have beaten Portugal, but Denmark beat Holland, and lost to Portugal.
Goals scored? Denmark and Portugal will both have 3 to Holland's 2...so would Portugal progress cos they beat Denmark head to head?
Weird stuff.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Yippy!
One more game and the Dutch can head home.
Either that or they become the second team in history that manage to place despite two (well deserved) losses.

Now let's hope those Germans don't go on to win and all will end well.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I can't watch nearly as much as I would like to (due to work), but I enjoy reading up on the matches and it seems as if this year there are quite a lot of interesting games that are very different from each other happening. Also, the top contenders Spain and Germany are getting into shape but they're not completely dominating the opposition (yet?). Italy and France are also showing some very decent football, and England is doing well despite being a tactical mess, as usual. I really hope Poland is gonna make it to the quarterfinals - they have the best team in decades - and that Ukraine will put up a great fight in their last match.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Good start from England in the first half last night but midfield is all over the place and defensively, we're wide open.
I agree with Shearer, in that we've got no chance of winning this tournament with the current team but we do stand a good chance of winning the group after the win over Sweden.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Yep, today was ugly. Ukraine dominated the match and they played attractive football contrary to England who had not even one chance, no posessive football or passing one, a lucky goal coming from Ukraine's bad defensive moment and a goal that was denied to Ukraine even though the ball had wholy crossed the line, with the 5th referee 4 meters away... So Ukraine should go to the next round instead of England but in football it's usually not the best who continues... Plus France only qualified because of that denied goal... UEFA is cooking and sometimes it smells fishy... (Poland and Russia out - hooligan's riots punishment?, Greece's matches with criminaly unfair referee decisions - debt punishment?) Expecting to see more of these.

Last edited: