The 'Unreal World'

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PhilHawks

Aug 13, 2003
Japan
www.pd-net.com
Hi All,
First of all, congrats on the great site ;) . I'm a complete begginer on mapping/modding and cant stop reading the pages here :(

Right... on to the question.

I was reading the Unreal World page and then proceded to search on the General Scale And Dimensions page AND the Unreal Units pages. The pages do a GREAT job of explaining the cheese thing :D and the real-life size scales etc. And then they go on to the fact that the 'world' is '3 Dimensional'. But then... thats where it stops. And gives a '1 Dimensional' size limit :(.

EXCERT
The size of the world is:

65536 = 2^16 Unreal Units in Unreal 1 and Unreal Tournament.
524288 =2^19 Unreal Units in UT2003 and Unreal 2

is that the Z axis limit or X or Y?? is there a missing 'squared' simbol??

or is there something i'm missing here (being the begginer and all :rolleyes: )

Cheers for the help guys... I am in the process of working out if my 'world' is even possible before I start planning it. Lets just say that it could be rather LARGE if i'm not carefull. :D

Mychaeel

Actually those limits apply for each of the three dimensions; so the size of the UT2003 world is, precisely speaking, (2^19)^3 cubic units. (I suppose the author of the page either didn't think in such terms or thought that that'd be even more confusing for most readers.)

PhilHawks

Aug 13, 2003
Japan
www.pd-net.com
GREAT! :tup:

May be this info could be added to the site.

Now I can plan the basic area of the map. in the real world I have about 1.5 square kilometers to play with. If it wont fit i'll just pick the best area that will from with in it. ;)

Cheers for the reply mate!

dont know who build these emoticons but they ROCK :instagib: