wave goodbye

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i think if view swimming is implemented it needs to take effect weather your aiming or not and even if you don't have a scope. in to many games it seems to only effect you when looking through a scope. it needs to be there but just not as noticable. and you should include a bipod for the rc50 and a tripod for the psg. from my understnading robar sells most rc50's with a bipod and the psg come standard with a tripod. so if both those are figured in with the price of the weapon i fell like i'm really being ripped off.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think price is intended to be more of a gameplay balancer than realistic. [/quote]

!!!WRONG!!!
(again)

The team stated many times they used the real life costs for every weapon.

Crosshairs are for wimps :)

Killing stupid people is not just a hobby, it's a way of life.

Mademanc.jpg

Official World War 2 Online Infiltration pimp

Visit Study and Operations Group the no1 Nam mod in the works.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Tell me where, because I think they have the Robar about a grand less then it is in real life.

I've never seen the PSG as cheap as it is in the game (although these are supposed to be the prices the military gives for them)

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I think the costs in the game reflect the "unit replacement cost" for the united states military for that particular item/weapon. It's not the same thing as a price you find because these prices reflect the fact that weapons for the military are purchased via contracts (measured in thousands ane or years) from the manufacture and are usually in massive bulk.

Prices in the commercial markets will undoubtable differ because they aren't frozen by contractual agreements.

For example if the US goverment purchases 100,000 M16 for a set price and all of a sudden Colt figures out a way of reducing the cost of manufacturing the M16 the commercial market may have a substatial price drop but the goverment still pays the old price since that's when they bought them. The opposite can also happen where the commercial market is much more expensive, because difficulties (or greed) skyrocket prices to compensate for lost profit on a miltary contract where they underbid.

also keep in mind that prices in the commercial market (esp the resellers) can be VERY differnt. Think about it. If Bill gates buys a new dodge viper, and for some reason wants to sell it, he might sell it for 5 dollars, cause he doesn't care about the money, he just wants it out of his drive way....

Or if a Babages store finds out they're going to get tons of PS2s they might sell off all there other stuff at bargin prices just so they can clear out the stock room for the PS2's.

anyhow what i'm getting at is you can't compare a price you find with a contracters..

boom