I can't join in any Co Op Games!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tmansdc

Jan 21, 2001
Henderson, Nevada
Visit site
When I try to join in co op games, it always shuts me out with an error that goes on to describe a bunch of messages. What can I do so that doesn't happen to me again? I'm running Unreal Gold 226b. I also have Unreal Tournament.

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Several questions to begin with before any solutions can be attempted.

Have you ever been able to join a coop game or is this a new problem?

Is it only coop or can you join any deathmatch games?

When you attempt to join does the game shut down?

Can you post at least part of the error message?

Does UT work online?

Hopefully one of these answers will help to see just what the problem is. Don't give up, it is too much fun once you have it working.

Maybe just an uninstall/reinstall will fix it.

:)

Tmansdc

Jan 21, 2001
Henderson, Nevada
Visit site
Originally posted by Callisto
Several questions to begin with before any solutions can be attempted.

Have you ever been able to join a coop game or is this a new problem?

Is it only coop or can you join any deathmatch games?

When you attempt to join does the game shut down?

Can you post at least part of the error message?

Does UT work online?

Hopefully one of these answers will help to see just what the problem is. Don't give up, it is too much fun once you have it working.

Maybe just an uninstall/reinstall will fix it.

It has always happened. I can join all other types of games. When I join the game shuts down, i can not post the message, it works online, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling although to no avail.

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Your answers ruled out about a dozen possible problems/fixes. I assume you are trying to enter the coop games the same as you do the deathmatches which should be the correct way.

It may help if you try to enter in the IP address instead of clicking on the server. The IP addresses are listed on the right side of the server list for the ingame browser. You may need to scroll over to see them.

Try to post at least the first part of the error message. Even a few words may tell someone reading this exactly what the problem is.

Here is something to try if you know someone who could start a server. Have him start a server with a DM map such as Deck 16 but have it set as a coop game. There is no reason to play a game like that but it will tell if your problem is with coop style or maybe something about the coop maps.

If you do get it working be sure to post it here to help anyone else that may have a similar situation.