[Surgery]I am going to be gone for a while

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Well I have a herniated disc in my back between L4 and L5. I originally herniated the other side of that disc from a skating injury back in 1996, and they went in and corrected the disc. Everything was fine until last summer when I went to the Beach Water Park in Cincinnati and went down a slide. I felt my back pop, and knew it that if I was in pain the next morning that I would be ****. Well the next day came, and sure enough, I was in pain.:( It wasn't as bad as the last time, and I did some swimming, so that helped take away a lot of the pain, but it is still kind of ****ed, and I am requiring surgery to correct it again.:( So tomorrow 10/14/2003 at 1:30pm EST I will get cut open again to correct my back.

The funny thing is, is that I am more scared this time, than I was last time. I found out after they almost killed me last time, that I am exstremely sensitive to anesthesia. I guess they came close to killing me last time, so I made sure to tell them this time about my problem with it. Another concern is for some reason I feel like my odds have been halfed since I have already this kind of surgery before. I know that it is all in my head, but it's driving me crazy. It also bothers me knowing how ****y things are going to be after the surgery. I won't be able to bend over to tie my shoes. If I drop something it is lost unless somebody can pick it up for me. I won't be able to sit in a chair for any amount of time, so video games and computers are out. When I sleep I have to sleep flat on my back, and that is not comfortable to me. Basicly I am going to be as fragile as a 100 year old person as of tomorrow night assuming they don't kill me.

I just thought I would let you guys know that I am not leaving, I am just not able to sit at a computer. I might run a network cable from my router to my bed so I can talk to you guys, but we will see. Those of you that are spiritual please keep me in your prayers.:) Just thought I would post this now since I don't feel like getting any work done today.:D

Foetal Youth

Nov 14, 2001
Eng-er-land
Visit site
Good luck man, just keep thinking about all those japanese chicks to keep your 'spirits' up and you'll be fine :D
haven_getwell_full.jpg

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Nurse: "I heard that you were feeling ill, headache, fever and a chill. I came to help restore your pluck 'cos I'm the nurse who likes to..." (door is slammed in her face)

May the roads rise to meet you.
May the wind be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
Halfed chances? Hell, they've already practiced on you! You're familiar territory now. It'll be a walk in the park compared to the first time. No surprises; you know what to expect. I am sorry you have to go under the blade, it can't be entirely pleasant. But expect a warm welcome when you do come back. Good luck and get well soon!

Kaligraphic

Charles leChaud is my hero
Oct 22, 2002
Everywhere.
www.google.com
Gambler's Fallacy.
Independent events cannot influence other independent events. The probability is multiplied for the total number of events, but, once the outcome of any of those events is known, that event becomes probabilistically irrelevant. Thus, your probability of death is actually lower here, because your sensitivity to the anaesthesia is known.

BTW, 802.11b/g

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
Sorry man, that sucks.

If it makes you feel any better, you can always get one of those robot claws to pick things up with. It's cool, in a way. You have an excuse to carry a robot claw around now.

Also, you can ask people to pick up the soap for you. Think of the possibilities.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Well this is it. Thanks for the kind posts, and hopefully I want die. I am going to go jump in the shower, and wash my balls for a final time, and then I am off to the hospital. I hope to talk to you guys soon!:)