Rate The Last Drink You Drank

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Could have been. Maybe that's why I love Sierra Nevada so much, is because it's local, so it's not being imported. Bottled then drank within a 30 mile radius. :D

Honestly, that probably helps a lot. Ever been to the brewery? You'll never get better beer than what they serve on tap at the place it's brewed. :D

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Beck's beer.

Cobra, my favouite, has a thickness around the sharpness without being too sweet

Beck's beer tonight, is my second favourite. It is slightly less thick than Cobra, but still 'encloses' the sharpness .... unlike the ones I don't like, where the sharpness hangs wild and free in a tenuous and lightly flavoured space.

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Syrup ...

Toilet, you just reminded me of Southern Comfort. Years ago it was OK. I left it and a couple of years back, went for it and :eek: They'd changed something in the production. All the sugar turns to ..er .. sugar. Yeh syrup.

das_ben ... Tutonia? No wonder Beck's is soup - you got some of the better than best beers of all time.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Milk - The good ol' bone builder!
you'd be surprised how many people don't get enough calcium these days.

FYI: premature cases of osteoporosis are on the rise in men under the age of 50, primarily due to a lack of milk intake. this is an easily preventable disease which used to only plague women in their 60's and up.

the_more_you_know.jpg

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
No wonder Beck's is soup - you got some of the better than best beers of all time.

Which is why, right now, I'm having a Czech beer. (Which is a dark lager called Litovel, and as I might add, pretty good.) Ben: Rebelling against anything since 1984.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Last night- Glenfiddich 15: 8/10
glenfiddich15_20cl.jpg

A good, clean taste that isn't as oaky or peaty as I prefer, but has a very intense, clear floral flavor and spicyness. I picked this up on our cruise for cheap, and I'm glad I did, but I probably won't buy Glenfiddich again as I prefer the richer tastes of chocolate or peat in other scotches.

This morning: a french press of Gold Coast 8/10
2a40fb83d57744ea9b595746589d8c56.png

Not my favorite coffee, but this blend manages to be intensely dark and full bodied without tasting muddy or burnt. Not quite as dark as an italian blend, but with a strong, more lasting punch (darker roast after a point depletes body). It is surprisingly satisfying for a morning coffee, but in my experience, it's only worth drinking from a french press as a drip brewer tends to pick up on the acidic notes of the blend which really ruins the taste.

~Jason

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I just realized the original post in this thread was about a FALL SEASONAL beer and the post was made on July 10. Sierra Nevada sure seems to be getting ahead of themselves. :p

LM_PU-Can1.jpg

^ Probably my favorite light European beer they sell in North America.

edit: holy cow that image is huge!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Pilsner from Pilsen. Say that 3 times fast.

Coke Zero - 9/10

Was better than expected. It tasted like Coke, but without the aftertaste.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
you'd be surprised how many people don't get enough calcium these days.

FYI: premature cases of osteoporosis are on the rise in men under the age of 50, primarily due to a lack of milk intake. this is an easily preventable disease which used to only plague women in their 60's and up.

edit: I really should check what I thought I read rather than what I did read.
What I meant to say was re: Osteoporosis 'Propaganda from the dairy industry has led people to believe that osteoporosis is a dairy deficiency disease.
When one examines the worldwide incidence of osteoporosis, it becomes clear that this is simply not true.
Source: Brenda Davis, R.D. & Vesanto Melina, M.S., R.D.

Milk from animals is for their young, not us :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Rubbish. Cows milk actually leeches calcium from our bones.
Hurrah for the milk industry making money at the expence of our health & most peoples unquestioning nature.

Oh frak shut the up :mad:

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
edit: I really should check what I thought I read rather than what I did read.
What I meant to say was re: Osteoporosis 'Propaganda from the dairy industry has led people to believe that osteoporosis is a dairy deficiency disease.
When one examines the worldwide incidence of osteoporosis, it becomes clear that this is simply not true.
Source: Brenda Davis, R.D. & Vesanto Melina, M.S., R.D.

You're still misreading. What a perfect example of how a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

While it is true that the dairy industry has certainly capitalized on ignorance to convince people to believe that osteoporosis is a dairy deficiency, which is false (it is a calcium deficiency), it is ALSO true that dairy is a good source of calcium and that those who are calcium deficient in their diet can rectify that by consuming dairy products.

Milk from animals is delicious, and I consume it in all of its tasty varieties and enjoy the health benefits it instills.

Last drink I drank (thread inspired): A glass of vitamin D milk 9/10. Creamy and delicious.

~Jason

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
You're still misreading. What a perfect example of how a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

While it is true that the dairy industry has certainly capitalized on ignorance to convince people to believe that osteoporosis is a dairy deficiency, which is false (it is a calcium deficiency), it is ALSO true that dairy is a good source of calcium and that those who are calcium deficient in their diet can rectify that by consuming dairy products.

Milk from animals is delicious, and I consume it in all of its tasty varieties and enjoy the health benefits it instills.

Last drink I drank (thread inspired): A glass of vitamin D milk 9/10. Creamy and delicious.

~Jason

Actually I'm not still misreading, I just didn't feel like typing out 1/2 a page of text.
Yes it's true that animal milk is a good source of calcium but so are many other non animal derived things & you don't get all the disadvantages from them.
The meat/dairy industry is a large contributor to environmental issues & completely unnecessary to our survival, nevermind the inherent pain & suffering it is responsible for.
That's all :)