Can't find some of the music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
I've used UnrealEd to go through every single one of the music tracks in Unreal. There are certain tunes that I simply couldn't find, such as the music that plays when you first encounter the Brutes in the mines in NyLeve Falls, or the one that plays in Rrajigar Mines when you get trapped in a corridor and the lights go out and a Skaarj jumps out to say hello. (Just love that tune, BTW -- oughta make excellent disco or aerobics music. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif) So where are those tunes hiding? Could anyone tell me? Thanx.

------------------
Yoooouuuu wanna daaaannce?...

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Ok, the first encounter with the Brutes is Dusk. I guess the different sections make a difference since the 2 sections are played are 1 and 2.

For the first encounter with the Skaarj (I still remember that first time, give CliffyB a lot of props for that cause I'm still shaking cause of it), is surprisingly enough a sound effect. It's Alarm2 and it's found in the AmbModern.uax file.

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
Uhhh... Okay, but how do you get to hear the second part of Dusk? At present all I can hear is part 1 -- which I assume is the tune that plays when you first exit the Vortex Rikers.

Also, I think I might as well ask a second question: how do you make an imported sound a looping sound, rather than a play-only-once sound?

bullet2.gif

Yoooouuuu wanna daaaannce?...

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
To get to specific sections, go into the MusicEvent properties=>MusicEvent=>SongSection
Then just pick a number. I've got no clue how many sections there are or how they are placed within a music file.

As for looping sounds, I've got no clue.

You can start to tell by now where my true knowledge is... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Aridale N. Belmont

Nov 9, 1999
www.hexenworld.com
Most songs have 3 sections the first is the normal music the second is the combat music section and the third is a mysterious like section. As for looping sounds you should be able to set a looping sound and pick which source sound it plays. I think I dunno. =)

Ari

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
when you are in the game, you can hear other tracks by using the console command,
straight from the tech page....
MUSICORDER num: Change to a certain track in the song (0=ambient, 1=action, 2=suspense).

as for making a looping sound, ya gotta make wav sound looping sound made with a specific sound editor.
I think Tim describes it somewhere, might be on the tech page.

bullet2.gif

Got Return To Na Pali?
visit
http://www.planetunreal.com/vortex/
for fun and help