UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
It's a common problem, and I haven't heard about any solutions. You can either wait until Steam downloads it for you again or just play it without Steam.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
Ocean Relic seriously blew me away with how nice it looks....I'm impressed with the visuals and the gameplay is quite good

I love the craziness of Koos Barge also

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
Buy more internets?

Good idea, I had all this money that I didn't know what to do with, just bins and bins overflowing with cash.

if you're in europe, there's always clubic

Nah, the states. I tried a couple US mirrors, but couldn't seem to get anywhere with them. I downloaded the patch from the BU link using a manager just fine, it's just the titan pack that is a problem.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
I wish my UT3 wasn't permanently and inexplicably broken so I could start playing again :(

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
At the moment Ocean Relic is my favourite but it's a real joy after this patch being able to play UT3 "properly" as performance is so much enhanced. This is the first time in a long time I've given the game much attention.

There's a bit of life in the old girl yet.........

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
"unavailable" errors sometimes means that one or more of the game folders are read only. This usually happens if you junctioned the steam folder to a previous install of UT3.

[SD]JunGLe+=

Sine Deceptii
Feb 1, 2009
Patches include all previous patches, so yeah. All you should need is your retail disc, 2.0, and Titan Pack.

Of course, if you want to Steam your UT3, you can do that as well. :p
Steamy ! It would be nice to see that statement added to the release notes or download page on BU to clarify the patches cumulative nature.
I hear that UT3 sales are through the roof at Steam. 25 000 patch downloads from BU alone...I'm seeing it on server browser !
WooHoO !!:lol:

I must say that I have started having fun with UT3 again.
With the dodge mutator ... I'm UNSTOPPABLLLLE !! .... must get sleep.:eek::D

Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Hmm, I've noticed a strange thing: I usually win fights in UT2004 with Masterful bots, yet even Average bots on UT3 win. That's on Beta Demo though.

Average!? Really?

I don't mean to be rude, but at that point you just need practice. Even before the patch, the bots are dead easy on Average.
UT3 is largely about indirect shots: combo and flak around corners, use rocket barrages to get indirect shots, then pop around with the link and finish them off...

I do appreciate that for the first time since Unreal, the bots actually got harder for a change. 2kx bots were easier than UT bots, which were easier than Unreal bots...
But now (and especially after MM added the "skill modifier" option, the bots got harder.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Has there been any statement from Epic regarding awards/achievements not working? I still can't get credit for campaign unlocks.

Other than that, really liking the 2.0.