FRONTMISSION : no romlink

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
mechpic.gif
fm1title.gif
mechpic2.gif

Phil cried that square would lose money on a game developed 7 years ago made for a system that is nolonger sold in the us on a cartrage that is also not sold anymore, which might I add was never brought to the US in the first place, so all downloads are removed just for him.

.:ABOUT:.
In frontmission you control a squad of mechas in the battle over a small island. you custimize each mecha's body arms and legs and then equip massive weapons of destruction.

its turnbased and contains 30 missions.

.:DOWNALOAD ROM:.
.]LINK PHIL'ed FOR YOUR PROTECTION[.

.:DOWNLOAD EMMULATOR :.
.]SNES9X[.
or
.]ZSNES[.

.:MORE INFORMATION:.

.:ASK PHATCAT FOR MORE FRONTMISSION INFO:.
.]PHATCAT[.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
... might want to take out the emulator links too. People can find them easily, and as it is now it's still aiding in playing games you don't own. It's a cool game, and I'd rather this thread not get locked too.

Iceblade

Fragged Lurker
Mar 14, 2001
Visit site
I haven't tried any of the Front Mission games (not even FM3, which is available here in the USA), so... I might give it a try. If it's anything like Super Robot Wars, then I'll give it a go.

emmulators are not illegal ;)

roms... well, they are kinna like MP3s, if you own the song its fine, or if you made it... but you get that gray area if they are old.

see FRONTMISSION was made in 1995, thats alittle under 7 years ago, for a system they don't sell anymore, and on a cart that was NEVER even brought to the US!

the FRONTMISSION .ROM I have is translated by a great team of ppl who thought others should try this great game! acctually this game is getting me to buy 2 FRONTMISSION games for the PS2!! :D

but I don't think that passed Phil's mind, I think he just likes to piss ppl off :p

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
Originally posted by phatcat
Phil cried that square would lose money on a game developed 7 years ago made for a system that is nolonger sold in the us on a cartrage that is also not sold anymore, which might I add was never brought to the US in the first place, so all downloads are removed just for him.
You see, I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but BuF generates money by advertisements. The advertisers here don't want to be associated in any way with pr0n, warez or other illegal or vulgar stuff. So I think it's very good that you deleted the links to (no matter how you put it, still illegal) roms. I would recommend to delete the emulator links too.

Also, you should realize that by posting the emulator links you induce replies like Matt's. Don't get me wrong, I also got those emulators and a load of roms, but I don't go posting about it here. It's illegal and BuF shouldn't be associated with anything illegal. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

You could just post a thread about this game, without any links that hint towards emulators/roms. People know it is out there somewhere and if they don't they will e-mail you. :)

Just my opinion. :D

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
Originally posted by phatcat
no, Phil reported the thread as "aginst the rules" like a little whiney "ca ca". but thats fine. I removed the material.

he was technically in the right, but alot of threads could be closed becasue of this :hmm:
I explained to you why it is against the rules. I'm sure the one who made the rules would love to play this game, too. But it's illegal/legal/vague, so phil was right to report this. Not to be a pain in the ass, but just to maintain the rules (we all agreed upon when we signed up) for BuF's sake.

Like I said before, better to be safe than sorry. Moreover, if we allow this, why not allow a full list with rom links? Or abandonwarez? FTPs with mp3s? BuF just isn't the place to go for stuff like that. Find your own warez/rom board. :)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
There was no need to end the thread or anything. We can talk about roms and stuff, just not post links. Everyone knows they're out there, and are easy to find.

Iceblade

Fragged Lurker
Mar 14, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by _Zd_Tapeworm_
Yeah i got quite a few emulators and games :)

Can you reccommend any other games?
*coughcough*Super Robot Wars 3 and 4*coughcough*
*coughcough*Super Robot Wars Gaiden: The Lord of Elemental*coughcough*

Neither of which you can get in America / England / Japan, btw; they stopped making the cartridges and the games never saw release outside of Japan.

Y

Yellow5

_Zd_3s_ stated it well enough (thank you!) but I'll make a post here so you have something 'official" from an admin.

I would prefer that we don't link to roms as most of them are still under the original copyrights. If you obtain permission from the copyright holder and they tell you it's okay to do this then I'm cool with it.

If you want to link to an actual emulator that is fine with me. As far as I know that's not something that can get us into trouble.

Now... I also expect that people act mature when reminding folks this is something we shouldn't have on our forums. It's easy to let someone know without being a jerk about it.

It's also just as easy to start a new thread about this (minus the links) and without going after a specific person that you think complained to the moderators. :)

Play nice.