IAS thread deleted....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
hmmm, was away for a week and this happend..

I'm sorry to see that admin's use power to just delete a post with out giveing a reason. I'm very sad now, u could have just closed it or moved it and talked to us...so we could sort it out....

It was a spam thread, so....people did spam alot in there, but that should not be the reason for deleting it..just give a warning..

Well, we could start a new 1. But i'm not in the mood for that....had a hard week..and comming home for this..... :(

I will not write any more..will proberly say thing's that i will regret on later.......

Air7725

Urusai
Sep 10, 2003
England
www.free-monkey.com
The thread was useless spam and the admin did give a reason it sucked
And the warning was in the beyondunreal terms of use.

"I have never seen this behavior from an admin before..i have posted in many forums...but never seen this....they always close it or give a warning..even when that The_Gay did some post's...it only got closed...

so WTF is happening here......

I'm feeling very sad now...."

"never seen this behavior rom an admin before" i take it you dont use many forums then? most forums will delete your thread without warning even if its just offtopic.

Its hardly the end of the world having your spam filled thread closed. get over it

Last edited:

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
"btw, don't admin power to a person that don't know how to use it....."

FYI the admin who deleted your spam-thread was a BUF super-admin. I doubt he "don't know how to use it".

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Ok, i over reacted...sry for that...but my point is still standing..there was no reason to delete the post, just for spamming. We don't spam in other thread's, we was only spamming in that thread...and for the admin power, ok i did not know who had deleted it....

There was no racism or other stuff that could offence other people, so for that part i don't understand way. And yea, there are some rules for behaveing in forum's. But i can't see that we or other has broken them, exept from "The_Gay".

But the thread is deleted, so just for get it. I'm sry that i was in a bad mood this morning, so i'm sorry if i hurt some1 with what i was writing....

This has been a wery good board, clan's have been made here and died here... Our clan is 1 of the oldest in XMP, we have tryed to behave when playing or posting in forums. But it can happend from time to time, but i have always tryed to make it good again...

I did say that i was going, well...not yet...and i had to post this anyway....

I realy hope u all can understand my frustration, it was a good post. As so many of the other clan members did mention, but at the end it's moderator's and admin's that must deside what to delete and what to close. I know that is a hard job sometimes, but mabye go abit easyers and contact the thread starter or in this case 1 of the clan leader and explain way.

Ok, let's just forget it and move on. More fun that way....

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Air7725 said:
"never seen this behavior rom an admin before" i take it you dont use many forums then

Common practice on most large public forums is for an off-topic thread to be closed, accompanied by an explanation. Perhaps the admin had a very good reason for removing that thread, but it is not stated anywhere. The atmosphere here in the XMP forums has always been lighthearted, with an emphasis on fun over political correctness.
Seems those days are coming to an end.

BTW if you think that my first point is not valid, think again.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
well, it had grown so big over time (thread started in february or march) and posts were only made in the beginning to keep it on the first page of the forum, so people could see that we were still recruiting ... a pity that options is gone now. i wonder how we are ever supposed to get enough people. tisk tisk ;)

btw, jaspeer: XMP-CBP-Xaemia | XMP-CBP-Asunder | XMP-CBP-Naularn | XMP-AP-Miasma

nice maps!

Last edited:

Hugh(_I_)Jarse

Mar 15, 2004
cyb said:
well, it had grown so big over time (thread started in february or march) and posts were only made in the beginning to keep it on the first page of the forum, so people could see that we were still recruiting ... a pity that options is gone now. i wonder how we are ever supposed to get enough people. tisk tisk ;)

btw, jaspeer: XMP-CBP-Xaemia | XMP-CBP-Asunder | XMP-CBP-Naularn | XMP-AP-Miasma

nice maps!

Sneaky we are still recruiting arent we?

Just saw someone deleted our thread, does that mean we haev a full squad at last?

I think we still need to recruit, especially for UT-XMP :D

bah my post count has gone from a spammer like 1 post a month to 1 post a year!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.