Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
District 9 - 9/10, was expecting a totally different movie. Loved it, felt kinda realistic at some points even though it had aliens. Best movie of 2009 so far, I've yet to see Inglourious Basterds though.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Inglourious Basterds - 10/10

Definitely Tarantino's best since Pulp Fiction. It's one great scene after another, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this movie. :tup:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
One thing that did bug me was the choice of music.

When the
Bowie
song came on I actually noticed a couple of people walk out of the theatre.

But, hey, that's my opinion. My opinion, your opinion; no problemo.

Who walks out of a movie because of 1 part with 1 song? How can it possibly be that bad?

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
X-Men Origins - Wolverine - 6/10
Good points: Incredible quality download from a torrent - I mean crystal clear with equally awesome audio.
Bad points: Film was shiat

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
GI Joe: 7/10 - Good movie, terrible CGI (too obvious) and the last half hour assault in the arctic for me was a total rip off from Star Wars ep 6.

There were ewoks?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- 7/10
Yeah, it was o.k. I might even try and catch the other films sometime but I can't see myself becoming a big fan of the series........

Prisoner Of Azkaban and Order Of The Phoenix are the best of the series, by quite a large margin. Whatever you do though, avoid Goblet Of Fire and Chamber Of Secrets...

Halloween II (2009) - 4/10

There's a part in this movie when a character finds his teenage daughter lying dead and naked in a bathroom, splattered with blood. When he drops to his knees, the music suddenly takes a lighter, sorrowful tone. And I rolled my eyes.

I rolled my eyes because the problem with this attempt at harrowing drama is the same problem with Rob Zombie's attempt at horror (in this film, and his others). It's also the problem with any "horror" film like this, and there are plenty. In a movie like this, drama equates to making actors weep to sad music, the same way "horror" equates to forcing audiences to watch graphic, grisly violence. I have nothing against gore. But it shows a Director's limitations when it's obvious they can't get around the fact that gore isn't horror. And you can't make a movie about uninteresting teenage characters with potty mouths (for the sake of having potty mouths) and expect people to care when they get mutilated.

Rob Zombie is not a director I dislike. I really enjoyed The Devil's Rejects, and the fact that it wasn't a horror/slasher flick was probably a big factor there. I was bored by his first film, and in regards to the unnecessary Halloween remake he did before this remake sequel...I was one of those people that said, "Yeah it wasn't amazing, but at least he made something better than all the sequels." Well, for this one all I can say is that you'll like it if you liked...say, Halloween 6. I was actually surprised here...I mean, the guy had a shot to really take the character and do his own thing. His "vision", as he would say in the interviews I read, where he talked about this one. Well, apparently his vision was to do what the sequels did. Albeit with a better soundtrack, better gore, and better actors (Malcom McDowell and Brad Dourif are in this movie. They don't need to be, because they are given about as much to do as any F-list replacement could have). But we've had, what twenty sequels already? Sequels to a film that spawned a whole genre of repetitiveness knock-offs with their own set of twenty-something sequels.

Wow, I wrote a lot about this one. I'll just say this. The original Halloween was scary and it did not spill a drop of blood. Think about that nu-Horror makers.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Kelly's Heroes. Filmed in Yugoslavia in cooperation with Avala Films, a studio on which ground I have walked on! A lot of the action scenes in the first half of the movie look unintentionally funny. It seems as if everything was geared towards the (rather awesome) final battle, with the rest being tacked on. I'm not even going to bother talking about the Germans' German. 7/10

The Limits of Control. Quite boring and long-winded. The few comic bits (the translator in the beginning comes to mind) help, but can't save the film. 5/10

Det Sjunde Inseglet, aka The Seventh Seal. Touching, with lots of unexpected comic relief, particularly by Gunnar Björnstrand's character - it, and his acting shadows everyone else's. Conclusion: God is not around when you need him. Or maybe he's not around at all. 8/10

Flatliners. Chicago in 1990 looks like the Los Angeles of 2019. The atmospheric shots inbetween the actual plot is what makes the difference in this one. Too bad they get less and less and eventually get substituted by horror scenes that are too explicit to be scary. The colour changes aren't exactly subtle either. A crappy ending ruins much of what has been built up in the first half of the movie. 6/10

The Wrestler. Great intro. I liked the pseudo-documentary style of the movie, especially in those quiet scenes between the dialogue, when the camera just slowly pans, showing what Mickey Rourke is seeing. Impressive acting by both Rourke and Marisa Tomei. Darren Aronofsky delivers again, reviving an often seen theme with an unusual subject. 8/10

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Dark Angel (1990) 4/10

Dolph teams up with some prissy FBI guy to hunt down an alien drug dealer.

Lots of explosions, low BDQ, sometimes not too bad but mostly finest Emmental is what is offered.

Damming it with faint praise, it should be noted that it would have been worse if either Steve or Jean Claude were the star.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Halloween II (2009) - 4/10

There's a part in this movie when a character finds his teenage daughter lying dead and naked in a bathroom, splattered with blood. When he drops to his knees, the music suddenly takes a lighter, sorrowful tone. And I rolled my eyes.

I rolled my eyes because the problem with this attempt at harrowing drama is the same problem with Rob Zombie's attempt at horror (in this film, and his others). It's also the problem with any "horror" film like this, and there are plenty. In a movie like this, drama equates to making actors weep to sad music, the same way "horror" equates to forcing audiences to watch graphic, grisly violence. I have nothing against gore. But it shows a Director's limitations when it's obvious they can't get around the fact that gore isn't horror. And you can't make a movie about uninteresting teenage characters with potty mouths (for the sake of having potty mouths) and expect people to care when they get mutilated.

Rob Zombie is not a director I dislike. I really enjoyed The Devil's Rejects, and the fact that it wasn't a horror/slasher flick was probably a big factor there. I was bored by his first film, and in regards to the unnecessary Halloween remake he did before this remake sequel...I was one of those people that said, "Yeah it wasn't amazing, but at least he made something better than all the sequels." Well, for this one all I can say is that you'll like it if you liked...say, Halloween 6. I was actually surprised here...I mean, the guy had a shot to really take the character and do his own thing. His "vision", as he would say in the interviews I read, where he talked about this one. Well, apparently his vision was to do what the sequels did. Albeit with a better soundtrack, better gore, and better actors (Malcom McDowell and Brad Dourif are in this movie. They don't need to be, because they are given about as much to do as any F-list replacement could have). But we've had, what twenty sequels already? Sequels to a film that spawned a whole genre of repetitiveness knock-offs with their own set of twenty-something sequels.

Wow, I wrote a lot about this one. I'll just say this. The original Halloween was scary and it did not spill a drop of blood. Think about that nu-Horror makers.

I just found out that Zombie originally didn't want to do a sequel but was ultimately pressured by hollywood(money was probably a factor). My guess is the amped up violence and Michaels grunting was Zombie's way of releasing his pent up aggression towards those who made him make this movie.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Dobermann. 5/10

The GF's had it in her collection since before we hooked up & seeing as neither the Watchmen or Transformers would play I finally got around to checking it out...

"The most frenetic slice of cops 'n' robbers action since Reservoir Dogs" Sky Magazine.

"A hectic, hip, headf*ck of a movie" Total Film.

"Awesome. If the Sex Pistols were a film, they'd be Dobermann" NME.

"Bonnie & Clyde meets Mad Max" Arena.

"What a crock of stylized sh*t" KaL976.

Oh & it's in French with English subtitles.

I just found out that Zombie originally didn't want to do a sequel but was ultimately pressured by hollywood(money was probably a factor). My guess is the amped up violence and Michaels grunting was Zombie's way of releasing his pent up aggression towards those who made him make this movie.

I'd be inclined to agree...if only his interviews and comments about this one said otherwise. It seems more like the offer presented himself...he said "okay pay me but let me do my own thing." Either way, final product speaks for itself.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
District 9. 8/10

Good film, go see it.
It would've got a 9/10 with harsher editing & a bit more pace but without spoiling anything the sequel should be epic :D

edit// also 2 adults = £ 14.50 [$ 23.76 USD] wtf?!

Last edited:

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Inglourious Basterds - 9.5/10, would have given it a 10 if some scenes where shorter.

Example,
the scene in the beginning where Hans kills those jews under the floor. And the whole bar scene could have been shorter.

Probably just a personal opinion though. But other than that, amazing! surpassed my expectations with ease.

+ points for Brad Pitt's speech in the beginning and his italian accent and Christoph Waltz's acting! :D

Also the best movie of 2009, followed by District 9 and The Hangover.