sound procedural or any other

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vladacar

Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
does any one know how to change the sound of the bullet when it hits the wall? or the explosion of a grenade?
they are not impactsounds and i don't know what kind they are?
thanks
v

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
For explosions it is usually defined in the projectile (it is in RocketProj/Grenade), for bullet sounds look at HitEffect.uc found in xWeapons. From there they define what Effect classes should be used for different surfaces. The different effect classes defined in HitEffect also define what sound to be played.

rc321

defaultproperties coder
May 5, 2004
CT
TO replace the impact sounds that the minigun makes, look in MiniGunAttachment, then find simulated event ThirdPersonEffects(). You would change the AssaultRifle the same way. Below is the MiniGunAttachment code thats revelvent:

Code:
if ( FiringMode == 0 )
	Spawn(class'HitEffect'.static.GetHitEffect(mHitActor, mHitLocation, mHitNormal),,, mHitLocation, Rotator(mHitNormal));
else
	Spawn(class'ExploWallHit',,, mHitLocation, Rotator(mHitNormal));

The 1st Spawn line is FireMode1 and the 2nd is FireMode2. Each end up going to xHeavyWallHitEffect for the impact sounds. This the the file you'd need to create yourself to use your own sounds, then extend xHeavyWallHitEffect.

If you need more explination, I could whip up a quick source dump.

vladacar

Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
more, yes/

rc321 said:
If you need more explination, I could whip up a quick source dump.

please, if you can send a code where you changed some sound that would be great.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

rc321

defaultproperties coder
May 5, 2004
CT
vladacar said:
please, if you can send a code where you changed some sound that would be great.
thanks

Sure, I'm at work atm, so I'll do this when I get home. I'll replace the minigun wall impact sounds.