Should i release my First Map..??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

GunnerX

Made it myself. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif The textures are all part of the texture packages that came with UT. I was very pleased that it turned out really well!

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try Sky Diving!"

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
I'd say when you're "done" with it, give it to some objective people for playtesting. Get some feedback, do any tweaks if necessary. Repeat. When feedback is good, and you think it's worth it, THEN release it.

BTW...architecture looks good. I can see the potential of it. If ya want a playtester when it's done, gimme a buzz! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

JuDDa

Mar 28, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Just wanted your opinions on whether i should release my first map.??(when its finished which is a long way off yet as u can tell by the pics).Just wanted to know cause i've heard from other people that u should really only post your first map if you've already completed some maps(so its not a complete dud).
Shot0009.jpg

Shot0000.jpg

This is my very FIRST map,the map im actually learning Ued with to be precise(its mainly been constructed with primatives).
I don't wanna spend ages on it only to stick it in a folder out the way once its completed,im not looking to create a brilliant map my first time just something playable.
Im still working on the map layout which will be finished soon i hope,thats why its all in a boring texture(apart from the ODD detail)then i'll start adding more detail.
I just want everyones views & honest opinions on what first time mappers should do..
Cheers.

JuDDa

p.s. This post is also in the editing forum ,im posting it here for people who don't frequent that forum + i want everyones opinions on first time maps...

Ritz

Cracka
Nov 10, 1999
miami, FL
Visit site
nah, save that one for yourself
unless of course it somehow plays very well
looks better than my first and only map though /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

JuDDa

Mar 28, 2000
www.angelfire.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Im still working on the map layout which will be finished soon i hope,thats why its all in a boring texture<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by JuDDa (edited 04-14-2000).]

JuDDa

Mar 28, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Like i said it's still a LONG,LONG way off from being finished & those 2 areas still have a lot of cutting & adding to be done to them yet.

JuDDa

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
I actually like it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11:30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter." -- James T. Adams

[Ci]Skumboy|PuF

G

GunnerX

Here's my very First map that I'm working on. It's based on my clan. Almost all textures will be original and worked on by [MUTTS]_Das_

Take a peek at CTF-DogPound!!

tower.jpg

skulls.jpg

Still need to do lots of things. Won't release it to Nali City. I'll make it a PU Capture exclusive. Ya hear that Rooster. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try Sky Diving!"

H

Hertston

If it's GOOD, post it. But be your own harshest critic, and try and score it as NaliCity does. My own policy has been not to release anything that won't get at least a seven (less than that and no-one downloads anyway). For the record, I am on map 6, which I am hoping will be THAT map !

Don't take NaliCity's view as gospel though. Most of the time they get it right, but there are some pretty strange scores on occasion, particularly at the higher end. They seem much more concerned about eye-candy textures than playability or plausible architecture on occasion.

JuDDa

Mar 28, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Sure thing m8.
And thanx guys for your advice.

Anyone else have an opinion on releasing your first map.??

JuDDa

[This message has been edited by JuDDa (edited 04-14-2000).]