CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
If you shoot without a silencer, you remain on the radar for about 5 seconds, I think. You're not moving though, like in BF2, but rather a fixed red dot.

It's the same with the UAV. The red dots last until at new sweep is performed, which shows the enemy's new locations. A new sweep happens every 2 seconds (I think). I think a UAV lasts for about 30 seconds, maybe 20. All this can be changed though, since CoD4 is pretty dynamic.

edit: Ninja'd :(

DeletedAccount69

Jan 24, 2008
It kinda sucked that he died. Screw Giggs, he was a stupid american, but Price was a cool british sniper. Nothing beats british snipers!

Is there any history, on what happened to Captain Maggillian (Prince's captain when young), or whatever his name is?

But Griggs was black...

And did Price die or not? I saw the russian doing cpr punch him in the face while I was flying up onto the roflcopeter. Maybe thats just how russians do cpr...

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
@ Hal and Rambowjo: Cool! I was thinking that if all player's positions were being updated in real time that would be a whole lot of extra information that would have to be replicated. If it occurs only every 2 - 3 seconds, that is much more manageable. I am definitely going to see about getting this radar implemented in my mod. Thanks again so much for the help!

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
4. Not entirely correct. If you, or a teammate, sees an enemy and shoots at him, he will (like in Counter-Strike(which sucks, btw) show up on the radar, provided it is appearant.

I've never seen that happen. :con:
As far as I know, Silencer + UAV Jammer + Dead Silence makes you a ghost. the only way to spot you is by visual contact.

Also, when you fire your weapon without a silencer, you'll remain on the radar for two or three seconds, tops.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I've seen it a few times before. It makes sense. If "audio contact" makes a person visible on the radar, so should visual contact, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I've seen it a few time before. It makes sense. If "audio contact" makes a person visible on the radar, so should visual contact, wouldn't you agree?

You know, a lot of people use UAV Jammer without having a silenced weapon.
Maybe they think they won't be seen anyway? That's probably what really happened.

Think about it this way, the purpose of the UAV Jammer is to conceal you from the UAV, when not firing your weapon.
The purpose of the Silencer is to keep you from showing up even when you fire your weapon.
If all people had to do to make you appear on radar would be to shoot you, the perks wouldn't be doing their job, imo.

That makes more sense to me. :p

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Well, I remember being up close with somebody who had jammer (he was not showing up on the UAV) and silenced weapons. He appeared on the UAV for a short amount of time (3 seconds or so).

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I suppose it's logical that you'd "report" the location to your teammates.
However, then it should also happen when you run into any other player. :hmm:

Very curious. I'll going to look into this tomorrow... :p

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Some icons.

2003722400936232191_rs.jpg

2003724393317326809_rs.jpg

2003739845320236772_rs.jpg

2003701005418613848_rs.jpg

2003724746301311914_rs.jpg

2003704982801890807_rs.jpg

2003711632487600936_rs.jpg

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Nice KaL. I missed this thread since I don't really come to OT any more unless I'm linked to a thread here :x Loved the Cod4 single player, LOVED the storyline, probably beat it 5 times so far, yes on Veteran too. :p Epilogue on Vet took me 60+ tries but now it's easy. :p Multiplayer is a blast, I usually do TDM with a silenced M4 as my main and the pistol below the deagle.

after reading thread edit: The P90 is a bugged OP weapon which is why it's removed from leagues iirc. FragBU CoD4 would be fun. I dislike HC. I like <20 servers. I'm not a fan of crowded small maps(10 people in shipment is too much, 6 max for me). I try to stay away from stupid rule servers. I bunny hop. This game is freaking fun. I don't have problems with any weapons or perks people use such as martyrdom which is easy to avoid most of the time. I will play overgrown and downpour online but I'm not a huge fan of them once I figured out you can make all the grass 5m away from you disapear. The default FOV for this game is 65 for those of you who don' t know, it can go up to 80. You can turn off the music. This game is freaking fun.

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
it doesn't take much to get the gold shottie, just find your friendly neighbourhood 24/7 Shipment server & don't quit till you're done.
100 headshots for the pair unlocks the gold skin at which point you can breathe a sigh of relief, take some screenies & never use it again :D

i saw a guy online using a gold AK47 which i thought was fairly awesome.
that's like 150 h/s for 7 different weaps some of which are single shot :S

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've avoided the Shotgun almost completely so far, and I've got most of the Marksman III challenges for most other weapons. I'll take care of it last.

The idea of a gold weapon is pretty cool and I've got the gold deagle, but once I realized it stands out like a flashing beacon, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll get them and never use them.

Still... nice work Kal!

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
I've avoided the Shotgun almost completely so far, and I've got most of the Marksman III challenges for most other weapons. I'll take care of it last.

The idea of a gold weapon is pretty cool and I've got the gold deagle, but once I realized it stands out like a flashing beacon, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll get them and never use them.

Still... nice work Kal!

i'dve never used the shottie either [why would you] if it wasn't the easiest to get the gold skin for ;)
i've not hit lvl 55 yet & have just been rinsing the different weapons [on shipment servers mostly] to get the marksman xp points to move on, [1550 odd for 150 kills] & apart from the single shot guns have done nearly all of them apart from the last LMG & am still only lvl 48 :lol:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
The weapons you can get in gold kinda suck. I favor M4 and G36C over AK47, R700 over Dragunov. It's cool with the Skorpion and shotguns though. And deagle of course, but that doesn't really count :p