Truly excellent new player model

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
Effigy>Neofin IMO

Such a good model, a more impressive concept and execution :)

BTW, I'm on the INA forums (nicky_baby somewhere near the bottom of page 1 of the above thread) and as it says there, I am currently making a model myself :D The female combine assassin from Half-Life 2. Using this piece of concept art

hl2_concept_10.sized.jpg

What do you think? A good starting point or what?? :)

PoweR'

Jun 25, 2003
ChainsawMonkey said:
Ok, I'm not gonna waste time talking, just click the link and download the model :)

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307469

Seriously though, I think this is the best custom model out there. The model is excellent, the skin is excellent, and it uses totally custom animations too - and the animation is of professional grade to boot.

Download this model now :D
Yikes! That thing is awsome. It really is the best custom model yet...

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
The only problem is that the custom-species used in this (and a few other models) prevents them from being used on-line unless you cripple the model.

And given that a custom-species is the only way we'll ever have custom-painsounds (which this model has) and a few other effects (I think the smoke-effect for the exoslave-model) ... this is not good at all.

I hope these models can force Epic to fix these features ...

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
ChainsawMonkey said:
Uh....it uses SPECIES_Night, not a custom one :) It's got a custom ragdoll and skeleton, but not species.
I guessed you missed the instructions & extra .u-file in the zip-file ...
The new version does indeed use these things, but the on-line incompatible version doesn't.

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
did any one else notice the miss allignment off the weapon when turning and shooting?

dont get me wrong the design is great and the model does roxx0rz my b0xx0rz, just thought that was a lil wierd for such a good model.......

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
@ Scumgrief - only if they've got the model installed, as usual. The model comes with a custom species class that gives it different pain and death sounds, but custom species' cause problems in online play (UTsecure amongst other things, AFAIK) so the maker included the umod version that uses one of the standard species (the Night models like Mr.Crow etc) so that it's usable online.

I think the makers have already entered it into the MSU contest. Personally I'd like to see this coming out at number 1 :)

This has got me thinking about a new model too, using a similar theme (rider and mount). Who knows, maybe I can get something made for phase 2 :D