Those little details...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vault

May 29, 2005
This is for idea for little graphical effects that would add to the game

here some of mine

Sandbags. These are in a lot of maps... but they were never destructable. in UT2007 it possible.. so do it! When a Goliath shoots a sandbag wall.. it want those bags to blow up! sand flying, bags scattering. Wehn a scorpian rams into a sandbag wall, i want that wall to get pushed over. The blades on the scorpian.. i want them to cut through some bags. You shoot a bag with a sniper rifle.. i want that bag to leak some sand. etc etc

Shock Rifle/Link gun. in a maps, when the shock or a link shoots a wall, i want to see an effect, i want the color of the wall to be effected for a longer time. When they shoot sand the sand should turn glassy (like in a lightning storm)

The link guns primary fire. It didnt look very cool in 2kx. I think it shoot look like the plasma fire in Phariah

The lightning guns fire... its lightning! the beam shouldnt go straight. it should zig zag like lightning (but of course still shoot the target) same thing for when it shoots sand as the shock link

more later

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Vault the reason I private meassaged you before is because pretty much all of your threads you start there's already a topic it could be discussed in...
I'm not trying to be an ass, but c'mon already.
How many new weapon idea threads are there...
How many "new ideas for ut2004" or "my wishlist" threads are there. :rolleyes:

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
just think only.... 18months left of posts like these.... then its eduring another 12 months of bitching why ut2k7 isnt more like ut2k4 or UT99.

empty_other

Oct 19, 2004
Vault said:
This is for idea for little graphical effects that would add to the game

here some of mine

Sandbags. These are in a lot of maps... but they were never destructable. in UT2007 it possible.. so do it! When a Goliath shoots a sandbag wall.. it want those bags to blow up! sand flying, bags scattering. Wehn a scorpian rams into a sandbag wall, i want that wall to get pushed over. The blades on the scorpian.. i want them to cut through some bags. You shoot a bag with a sniper rifle.. i want that bag to leak some sand. etc etc

Shock Rifle/Link gun. in a maps, when the shock or a link shoots a wall, i want to see an effect, i want the color of the wall to be effected for a longer time. When they shoot sand the sand should turn glassy (like in a lightning storm)

The link guns primary fire. It didnt look very cool in 2kx. I think it shoot look like the plasma fire in Phariah

The lightning guns fire... its lightning! the beam shouldnt go straight. it should zig zag like lightning (but of course still shoot the target) same thing for when it shoots sand as the shock link

more later

I also want to see an lasting effect...Maybe they should let decals not fade away until they reached a maxlimit (300 should be a good limit).

And EVERYONE want a destructable level. But it get a bit wrong if only something is destructable...Make us uncertain whats safe to hide behind and not. And the lightning; lightning is said to always take the shortest route to the target (the ground, you, or a three) where it can dispatch all of its energy (by what i have understood, but im not any physics expert).

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't want anything destructible unless it is destructible in such a manner that it happens the same each time so it's fair (like knocking over the tower in AS-Junkyard to prevent a quick 'bender escape). I don't want long-lasting decals. They're ugly and make the map look goofy rather than war-torn, which is why I have them turned off. I wouldn't mind some cooler-looking weapon shots though. And if lightning took the shortest path it'd always be straight. I'd assume it follows the path with the greatest/least charge on its way to the target. We are talking electricity here; not water.

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
indeed electricity picks shortest path to wherever it goes seeing as blood is quite good for letting through electricity it would go straight to that person rush through its blood veins and into the ground wich makes u wond how u can shoot a person in mid air with it but hey it doesnt have to make sense and umh no lightning gun in UT2K7 or am i wrong ?

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
The Lightning Gun is a high-power energy rifle capable of penetrating even the heaviest carapace armor. Acquisition of a target at long range requires a steady hand, but the anti-jitter effect of the optical system reduces the weapon's learning curve significantly (however, do not assume that making a kill with this weapon is easy). Once the target has been acquired, the operator depresses the trigger, painting a proton 'patch' on the target. Milliseconds later the rifle emits a high voltage arc of electricity, which seeks out the charge differential and annihilates the target. Many of the Tournament's elite warriors display seemingly inhuman reaction speeds and accuracy by taking out rapidly moving opponents at long range with this weapon.

of course, we dont just aim straight for an enemy, we know where they are going and we aim ahead of them and shoot when they get there

Last edited:

Vault

May 29, 2005
BooGiTyBoY said:
Vault the reason I private meassaged you before is because pretty much all of your threads you start there's already a topic it could be discussed in...
I'm not trying to be an ass, but c'mon already.
How many new weapon idea threads are there...
How many "new ideas for ut2004" or "my wishlist" threads are there. :rolleyes:

no this thread is for graphical effects... nothing else.. it is not the same.... shutup.. plz... think before you type.. plz.... this is not a weapon thread... this is not for new ideas.... this is not a wishlist... this is about improvements on graphical effects... god.... stop being an ass if you dont want to be..

my thread are the same as other... hmm was there alread ya thread about girls? about space conquest? about the advantages of PS3 version? no. shutup. stop being an idiot.. dont spam

:2thumb:

Last edited:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Effect? i would like to see non destructable glass, warp like in the matrix when it's hit, and make the cool warpins sound too,

i'd also like to have spherical holes melted in snow/ice when the shock combo explodes over them,

Plasma should turn sand to glass, and leave metal surfaces with a lingering afterglow!

bomb and missiles should kick a huge cloud of snow in a thundra, dirt in a dessert, and
shredded vegitation in a forest,not one sprite a whole 20ft cloud with volume!

i'd like to see better weather effects mostly, that hasn't been done in most games to date, thick refracting rain, the reflection of streetlights on the wet ground, foggy like snow that swirls around ,not monotonoulsy falling down, proper fog, dynamic wind physics, non static skies, i prefared how skies were complex in unreal 1, clouds moved and so on, i'd like to see more animated skies , that can even have night and day shifts, colour changes, weather changes and so on........

wouldn't it be mad if you couldn't tell what time a day a map was going to be at,
you just have to play to find out the weather and time of day,wether the moon has risen on it, wether you can here the noises of daytime animals or night time animals!

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
umm i dunnoe if UT is actually relevant to having different times of days and animals and stuff, its going to be more like a total conversion of ut2k7 rather than what they will ship...
some levels in ut2k4 now has moving skies, like in that lavagiant map, but like yeah maybe they can use their new materials system to do tricks like some of the stuff you said, sand turning into glass etc... its all done at the mappers discretion tho, the editor lets you join boxes with arrows to form scripts, like a big chart of what should happen in-game
'dynamic wind physics' will need to use the physx chip i think, because it has the fluid dynamics ability...

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Vault said:
that coming from a retard eh?
I think you should pay a little more respect to those who's opinion are actually looked foward to. So far all you did was start a bunch of threads which could be discussed in only one and speculation. Please keep in one thread.

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
naah i think its ok... after all, 'retard' is his name...

besides, usually in air, the shortest path is the path of the least resistance... less air = less resistance, sort of... but of course we are used to seeing curvy lighting because of several different factors, like the lighting in thunderstorms would be actually chain reactions across different regions of differing amounts of static electricity, or something....

but still there would be abit of crookedness of the arc, it wont be just a straight line, unless the air is completely evenly blended or something...

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
i dont think it will be easily feasible,because it'd have to rebuild the lightmaps each time you go back in as the sun gets a new position in the sky
unless you use this http://www.humus.ca/index.php?page=3D&ID=51 , and trace the sun as it passes across the sky , like maybe once for every half hour or something...apply this to definitely static bsp geometry or something, and use realistic shadows for everything else, hopefully it will pan out ok...

Last edited:

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Devastator said:
I think you should pay a little more respect to those who's opinion are actually looked foward to. So far all you did was start a bunch of threads which could be discussed in only one and speculation. Please keep in one thread.

I already PM'd him quite a few times to read the forum rules and maybe stop spamming so much... he basically told me I was being an ass. :lol:

Least I'm not the only one who's noticing. There's been comments made in his other threads by people too.

Oh.. but he's only 13 and doesn't know any better so apparently that makes it "okay" in his opinion and the forum rules don't apply. ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited: