ancient MOD needs help too

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Dark Magic is a very old mod, developed for Unreal first. Although it was the only mod appoaching the issue of magic and still is the only one playable (I know only about Ultima Unreal, some Nali SP mod and the magic part in U4e) it seems difficult to get a few ppl interested into making the mod, while it seems extremly easy to interest scores of ppl in making yet another 'better' CS.

Dark Magic was a great mod when ZedZero made it, and it will be much better still. But a few modelers and texture artists wouldn't be amiss. For some reaon players care about the looks.

As for why it's worth the effort: The idea is to give the player more than just simple guns and random goodies lying around (or not if someone was there b4)
Instead, many spells are tools that give the player more options and make for a much more versatile gamplay (It's hard to defend a base if your enemy can just teleport past any defense)

Amusingly, I saw a number of mods that seem to have modelers and texture artists, but no coders to put the stuff to action.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Claw
Dark Magic is a very old mod, developed for Unreal first. Although it was the only mod appoaching the issue of magic and still is the only one playable (I know only about Ultima Unreal, some Nali SP mod and the magic part in U4e) it seems difficult to get a few ppl interested into making the mod, while it seems extremly easy to interest scores of ppl in making yet another 'better' CS.

Dark Magic was a great mod when ZedZero made it, and it will be much better still. But a few modelers and texture artists wouldn't be amiss. For some reaon players care about the looks.

As for why it's worth the effort: The idea is to give the player more than just simple guns and random goodies lying around (or not if someone was there b4)
Instead, many spells are tools that give the player more options and make for a much more versatile gamplay (It's hard to defend a base if your enemy can just teleport past any defense)

Amusingly, I saw a number of mods that seem to have modelers and texture artists, but no coders to put the stuff to action.

it is interesting. but why dont yout get the mod soon done when you dont need much textures, models and all that stuff? how about browsing all the site with models and you can email all the authors who look like they can perform your needed stuff. thats how I got an interesting group together... btw someday I need help of a lot of good coders...

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
"I poo therefore I am"

nothing like a good dump to reassure you of your own exisitance, as a matter of interest Ghandi used to ask his followers about their daily bowel movements

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by @kuma
"I poo therefore I am"

nothing like a good dump to reassure you of your own exisitance, as a matter of interest Ghandi used to ask his followers about their daily bowel movements

ofcourse! How to organize a peace movement when one of your members is "blocked"???

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
what a load of ****. ;)

anyway. we do need modelers.
ive emailed a couple of modelers from models i saw at skincity and bump a thread at polycount everynow and again. but bah_mee is so far the only one we have. :(

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
I think the 3 modellers who still play UT are all making 50,000 poly guns for real-world weapons mods

Or doing weird stuff like that pearman mod... there's not much talent left thats interested in anything UT releated

why not teach yourself modelling/skinmapping - it's a walk in the park after dealing with unrealed :)

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by @kuma
I think the 3 modellers who still play UT are all making 50,000 poly guns for real-world weapons mods

Or doing weird stuff like that pearman mod... there's not much talent left thats interested in anything UT releated

why not teach yourself modelling/skinmapping - it's a walk in the park after dealing with unrealed :)

why are you so nihilistic? Pearman looks funny... havent played it yet to judge...

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Re: Re: ancient MOD needs help too

Originally posted by Balton.de

it is interesting. but why dont yout get the mod soon done when you dont need much textures, models and all that stuff?

Because we need LOTS of that stuff. Models, skins, and textures. Plus there is alot to be coded too. And some of us don't go to school anymore (blessed days, lots of free time)