President Obama does it again!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Awesome! President Obama formally approved about 800,000 illegal aliens to be legal workers in the U.S.A. today! I'm so glad I'm not between the ages of 18-30 and having to fight for a job against these folks. President Obama rules!

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com
Awesome! President Obama formally approved about 800,000 illegal aliens to be legal workers in the U.S.A. today! I'm so glad I'm not between the ages of 18-30 and having to fight for a job against these folks. President Obama rules!

America on the whole would be a much better people with out those of your mentality, you should leave, not like you are happy there, and with that line of thinking you sholud get out of the "Native American's land" anyway. ...but please don't come to Europe. WE DO NOT WANT YOU.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Granting illegal workers legal status has been done before. Reagan did it in 1986, for example. And there's a point to be made here that's neither Republican or Democrat.

What about all of those seeking to get into the US through legal means? Doesn't this send a message that it is okay to work illegally in the US and that you might even be awarded legal status for your troubles?

I'm all for bringing in good, lawful, hardworking people, but it would seem to me that it should be in an orderly fashion. Not to mention that it's quite dangerous to enter illegally, thanks to both the harsh conditions of a number of entry points as well as the shady characters involved with smuggling people in.

There has got to be a better way.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I can kinda agree with Hermskii in the context of, I think Obama is a horrible president... Beyond that well... This country needs more people willing to work and less who want a free ride. So if these immigrants want to work. Awesome.

My only complaint is at those that move here and expect me to learn Spanish or whatever their language may be to converse with them. If you move to a country you should learn it's language not try to force it the other way around. Yes American English is full of grammatically problematic terminology and colloquialisms but I wouldn't move to say Russia and expect to not learn Russian. Or France and not learn french...

Edit: And what Hal said. I hadn't considered the legal/sociological aspects of this move.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
[GU]elmur_fud;2565016 said:
This country needs more people willing to work and less who want a free ride.

go on...

So if these immigrants
ok I'm going to stop you right there.
the majority of welfare recipients in this country are middle-aged white men living in the South. it's not just a majority either. this group receives the lionshare of government handouts.

immigration has little to do with the issue of "free rides."

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
go on...

the majority of welfare recipients in this country are middle-aged white men living in the South. it's not just a majority either. this group receives the lionshare of government handouts.

I don't understand the point of posting something like that. It's been a favorite line for conservative-bashers for some reason, but this "majority" proves nothing and seems to be wrong anyways. You would expect the majority race to make up the majority of welfare recipients, or nearly any stat just based on probability. The most recent numbers posted by The US Department of Health and Human resources on their website in 2009 for the Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF as it has been called since Clinton passed some welfare reform back in the day) shows welfare recipients at:
33.3% Black
31.2% White
28.8% Hispanic

Looks like whites are a little under represented there, huh? I didn't take the time to calculate # of recipients in southern states per capita versus the rest of the country, but just a quick glance over the numbers looks fairly proportional. There's poor people everywhere.

Source: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/character/fy2009/tab08.htm

None of this has anything to do with my opinion of illegal immigration, Obama's move, or any supposed laziness of certain people groups. It is based solely on being irked by yet another stupid post.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I don't understand the point of posting something like that. It's been a favorite line for conservative-bashers for some reason, but this "majority" proves nothing and seems to be wrong anyways. You would expect the majority race to make up the majority of welfare recipients, or nearly any stat just based on probability. The most recent numbers posted by The US Department of Health and Human resources on their website in 2009 for the Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF as it has been called since Clinton passed some welfare reform back in the day) shows welfare recipients at:
33.3% Black
31.2% White
28.8% Hispanic

Looks like whites are a little under represented there, huh? I didn't take the time to calculate # of recipients in southern states per capita versus the rest of the country, but just a quick glance over the numbers looks fairly proportional. There's poor people everywhere.

Source: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/character/fy2009/tab08.htm

None of this has anything to do with my opinion of illegal immigration, Obama's move, or any supposed laziness of certain people groups. It is based solely on being irked by yet another stupid post.

good info there... to bring those numbers full circle.

38,929,319 or 12.6% of the population is Black or African American (13mil ish on TANF)
223,553,265 or 72.4 % of the population is White (just under 70mil)
50,477,594 or 16.3% of the population is Hispanic or Latino. (around 14.5 mil)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

go on...

I think you missed my point. Hermskii brought their work ethic into the equation I merely stated in a round about way that working citizens bolster the economy rather then drain it.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
33.3% Black
31.2% White
28.8% Hispanic

[GU]elmur_fud;2565022 said:
38,929,319 or 12.6% of the population is Black or African American (13mil ish on TANF)
223,553,265 or 72.4 % of the population is White (just under 70mil)
50,477,594 or 16.3% of the population is Hispanic or Latino. (around 14.5 mil)

But wait, don't the percentages DannyMeister posted reflect the percentage of ALL WELFARE RECIPIENTS and not just of that ethnicity? I.e., 33.3% out of 100% of the people that receive welfare are Black, 31.2% of all recipients are White, etc.?

I have seen the following statistics from 2011 posted in various places, and they show the total percentages of all welfare recipients despite ethnic population figures.

Black-39.8%
White-38.8%
Hispanic-15.7%
Other-3.3%
Asian-2.4%

It adds up to 100% if you hadn't done the math. Basically, this would mean that almost all blacks are on welfare. I'm sure that's not accurate nation-wide, and I'm also not trying to be racist, but here in North Carolina the lines at the local welfare office are quite predominately black.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I don't understand the point of posting something like that.

because Elmur "in a round about way" decided to tie work ethic to immigration which is a non-sequitur.

it has also been true since at least the early 90's.
white people receive more welfare dollars than most minorities. I didn't say anything about the percentages or the per-capita number of white households versus black (or any other) households.

Last edited:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Damn those children who were dragged here by their parents, they should be put on boat and set adrift on the high-seas!

My thoughts exactly. These children for all intents and purposes know nothing of their native land, and are essentially American. What right do we have to deprive them of the fast path towards life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness if they are deported to a land that is as foreign and alien as Mars. Why not give them an expedited way of becoming legal in the only place they know? Probably not many of them actually know they are over here illegally anyway, their parents probably just said "We are moving to America! Pack your bags!" and not make them worry about insecurity here that they have experienced in their homeland.

And Selerox brings up a great point. If anything, this is a great potential tax revenue source, isn't this what the Republicans have been saying? "We have to broaden the tax base."

It's also funny how people complain this is a "free ride." Really? I think it is unfair to single out people based on the "lazy Hispanic immigrant" stereotype. There are plenty of natural-born citizens in both the country and the city, both Democrat Republican or unaffiliated, rich or poor, that are lazy or not doing their full civic duty. Hell, natural-born citizens don't even have to recite the loyalty oath to become productive members of our society, which immigrants have to pledge when becoming citizens. So, who really gets the "free ride?"

Back to Obama. It really is a Catch-22 decision. Deportations are up under Obama compared to Bush, yet the Republicans are calling Obama's immigration policy weak. If Obama relaxes immigration rules, it is "amnesty." And if he does any executive order on the issue, he will be called out for doing an "unconstitutional" move, and it should be left to the legislature. Like that would ever happen with the mainly Republican-fueled gridlock in Congress. In this age, there really is nothing he can do to satiate everyone unless he is voted out come November. Even then, I doubt Romney would have a better time getting things done.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
HOLY SHIT A BUNCH OF PEOPLE CROSSED AN IMAGINARY LINE TO BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILY BECAUSE LIFE REQUIRES IMAGINARY WEALTH AND PROPERTY. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!