UE3 - UT3 BSP is a no go.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Peccavi

Jan 20, 2008
Hey guys.

BSP disappeared. I have no idea. It's not like the visability has been turned off (I've checked that), and I have tried to add more BSP and rebuild (just in case), and alas it looks like the file is ****ed (no backup).

Any suggestions. I was enjoying this one.

Peccavi

Jan 20, 2008
Can you see something in the wireframe view?

Yeah.

It's an additive level, and when I run through smashing Q with my forhead, rebuilding, and playtest, the BSP has removed itself from the level. During play I just fall through and HOM all the way down.

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
Wow, dang... it sounds pretty serious. It might not be too late to revert to a back-up though depending on how long you've fiddled with the problem. Try checking the autosaves in your <Documents folder>\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Autosaves and load them up one by one. Maybe there's an autosave of your map before the issue occurred. Something similar happened to me where my map's terrain sheet suddenly stopped rendering correctly, but I was able to find an autosave far back enough (before the issue cropped up).

*fingers crossed*

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Look in wireframe, find a brush that looks weird or overly complex. For example a brush from which you extruded a certain face several times, brushes that became triangulated, spheres/cylinders, etc. And remove that. Then try

If you cant find it, delete portions, rebuild, and continue deleting portions until it is fixed. The last deleted section contained the problem. Repeat process again but on a smaller scale in just that area until you found the brush.

Peccavi

Jan 20, 2008
Thanks Hourences.

I can't think of anything that is overly complex. I have been attempting to start on more basic shapes to develope and then prettify. I am not even into the decoration phase yet.