material to overwrite another material to transparent?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pospi

Jun 30, 2003
www.pospi.cjb.net
Hey guys,

I havent actually posted in this forum before (mostly my questions are coding related) but anyways I have a quick question on UT2004 materials.

Is it possible to make an overlay material like the invisibility effect that will overwrite any materials that are underneath it?

What I am going for is to make an invisibility overlay for a player that gets added on top of their regular texture when they go invisible. This material should remove any effects of the materials underneath it, so that I can just add the material and the player disappears. Any easy way to do this with materials only?

The reason is that this is for a Tribes Vengeance mutator, and its extremely easy in my current situation to do it this way as the code for it is already built into the engine (from shield pack), but to cycle through each object and skin, manually replacing texture maps with an invisibility tex, would be difficult and time consuming as a T:V player is made up of many separate objects and they change from player class to player class.

any help appreciated!
cheers