Actor manipulation question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Qbic

The horrors...
Apr 15, 2001
Norway
Visit site
For a CTF map I'm working on I need some more color indicators for the different sides and decided to try a painted on look utilizing colored team icons which are updated each time the map loads (see screenshot). The look is perhaps not perfect but it's working offline.

I currently use a xMonitorB with the mesh replaced and textures pointing to some shaders I made, all done by changing the properties of the actor inside the map.

I haven't seen anybody else do this so is this a safe way to do things or will everything fall apart online?

Attachments

• teamiconshot.jpg
    teamiconshot.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 20

Qbic

The horrors...
Apr 15, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I changed the StaticMesh and the BlueTeamShader/RedTeamShader property.

Anyway, I have since yesterday made my own actor (copy of xMonitor with some changes), hopefully this should be idiotproof and give me some more freedom with the visuals.

Qbic

The horrors...
Apr 15, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Changed what texture slot is affected in the script and also the default properties of the actor. My knowledge of scripting can probably fit on a Post-It note so this feels lika a major achievment :p.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Sorry m8, on a 56k :( I meant post the script.

I still don't quite understand what you've done.
If you only need a different mesh and skin, you don't need a custom class, you just set actor properties.

Qbic

The horrors...
Apr 15, 2001
Norway
Visit site
You are probably right, I just think I have read somewhere that some settings you make in the actor properties can get reset online. Now that I have a version with the custom script I think I'll use that.