CTF job

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What to you do?

• Attack only

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Defend only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly Attack, but will Defend

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Mostly Defend, but will Attack

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • 50/50 mix of Attack and Defend

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Playing on the pubs, I usually end up trying to pick up the slack where ever it's needed. I usually play midfield, intercepting enemy flag carriers and supporting FC teammates. I don't play as much as a dedicated attacker, but when I intercept the enemy FC near or in the base, I'll grab the flag run like hell. :)

I voted 50/50.

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I have a problem with this poll....

If your referring to public games. I'm probably 50-50. However, in clan matches. There is also a position of mid-fielder, also known as Freelancer.

So in a public match, I will do attack and defend. Depending upon the situation. In a clan match I am usually assigned to defense, though sometimes I will play mid-field.

T

Terminal {DTH}

since i cant dodge very well i generally make a better defender then attacker but ild still say i do 50/50 since i'll backup an attacker when i can, or occationally go for the flag myself if i cant find someone to backup. ;)

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Those sadistic LoLers love to send me after the flag, so that I get slaughtered by those wily defenders. I wish I could just camp my flag sometimes and get high scores on flag kills like that llama Rooster does. He's always stealing my frags that greedy cock! :p

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I got my first cap in over a month yesterday! :D

(Granted, it was when someone on my team was killed about a foot from the flag in Dreary of all maps, but a cap is a cap, right? :D)

Over the last couple years, my role for my team has evolved for the best, from a sniping defender (95% D) to a shock-h0ing defender (75% D) to a shock-h0ing freelancer with defensive tendancies (65% D) which is what I currently believe I am.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I run around my base trying to figure out where the exit is. If I find it I run over to the other base and try and find where the flag is. If I find it I try and find my way out of the base and go home. If I make it home I try and find my flagroom. If I get really lucky I will head for my flag and get blue-balled.

I really should try a different map than Face though. I think that`s why I always get lost.

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
LoL!

I'm always playing mid, I have a crappy connection so attacking is out of the question, and I know most of the maps... so I usually stay in the middle, make my way to the enemies base, and steal powerups, shoot any enemies that try to get into my base, backup the FC on his\her way back... and so on... ;)

ElectricHead

Feb 19, 2000
Visit site
Defend mostly...but will attack or pick up slack if needed.

I also like to do what i call "infiltrate"; going into the enemys base with no intention of grabbing the flag, but to throw the defenders off rythem by killing everything in site and getting as many of the enemy to chase me around instead of guarding the flag. Also sniping the enemy from his own base, or just being a general pain in the ass...:D

EH

mobace

rimmerlike :(
while i can follow orders to be a mid, i feel much more comfortable with offense. i am pretty sorry as defense but i have half-decnt DM skills which helps taking down the EFC. sometimes you get in the spots where the only real D against enemy with your flag is grabbing theres, especially when you are following back right to their flag, grab and skoot.

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by ElectricHead
Defend mostly...but will attack or pick up slack if needed.

I also like to do what i call "infiltrate"; going into the enemys base with no intention of grabbing the flag, but to throw the defenders off rythem by killing everything in site and getting as many of the enemy to chase me around instead of guarding the flag. Also sniping the enemy from his own base, or just being a general pain in the ass...:D

Me like his style. :tup::stupid: :tup: :D

let me shake your hand buddy! :p we should both get on the same server sometime and wreak bloody Havoc! (literally) :lol: we'd have em pariniod and chasing after ghosts not knowing WHAT to expect in no time at tall i expect. :p win? lose? who cares, its having fun that matters. :D

DJRWolf

Average God
Sep 5, 2001
Visit site
Has anyone tryed sniping from the top of that middle area in Lava Giant? That is a great place to defend your own base from. It just needs some sniper rifle ammo up there.

ElectricHead

Feb 19, 2000
Visit site
Sure, Terminal {DTH}, I can do that....:D.

But you DO have to move around...and just the fact that someone like [RSU]MoBAcE|PuF would make it a point to come after me is just what I want; make some of the enemy who could be guarding their flag or going after my flag to waste time chasing me! In fact, in the event that I get a player after me in a big way in his own base, I will make it a point to go back and do it again...:D

EH

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
defenseman

I tend to play almost exculsivly defence by nature, even on pub servers. I think this mainly comes from my Team Deathmatch background. I usually patrol the outer areas of the base, but I'll make patrols into the edge of midfield if needed.

If my base is secure and we're in control I will sometimes switch roles and act as a solo runner or attack support (depending on the map).

I'd say: 75-100% defence (depending on map)

mobace

rimmerlike :(
Originally posted by ElectricHead
[B[RSU]MoBAcE|PuF would make it a point to come after me is just what I want; make some of the enemy who could be guarding their flag or going after my flag to waste time chasing me! [/B]

you assume to much, perhaps in a future match (when you are clanned if not already) i can having the pleasure of showing you why.

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com
In pub matches I usually freelance.......attacking one moment, defending another depending on how my team is doing.
In clan matches it's pretty much the same altho it's called being a midfielder them......

When defending I use the sniperrifle or the rocketlauncher for close distances. No shock since I don't manage a combo without standing completly still.
When attacking I prefer every weapon I can get in my hands and usually go a bit kamikaze when attcking (everything to let my team get a cap :) )

|Robot|NeXus6

Feb 21, 2001
Seattle, WA
Visit site
All O Baybeee

Relentless O! Seems like everyone wants to defend these days, so I like to translocate like a madman and do the dodge-dance with the flag. Supporting the FC is also a personal fav of mine, as those llama D dudes get a taste of their own medicine when they focus in on my FC....ka-boom nailed by an unseen enemy, o the irony!

Sadly, a great defender can stymie a good Offense almost entirely, especially on maps with a tight flag room. Anymore I've taken to the sniper and mini-whoring on all the l337 and wanna-be-l337 shockers that are a dime a dozen these days.