Instagib in UT2k4 [Link inside]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnnyUK

Sep 22, 2002
N/W england
Visit site
Personally, I think the developers deserve to have the other weapons tested to their fullest extent before people are permitted to use instagib. I'm waiting for the full version.

DarK_AssassiN

≡DarK_AssassiN≡
Feb 13, 2004
UNKNOWN
Nooooo! Now the games gonna be over run by instagib servers. This sucks. :mad: Well if I must, I guess I'll have to show the insta"ruin" players whos boss.

Last edited:

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
i see i wasnt ever alone in my detest for instagib. good.

and yes, i think everyone ought to be playtesting the current weapons.. there isnt much to balance/work on with a 1 shot 1 kill wep.
go away instagibbers..before u ruin 2k4 for me th way you ruined UT.

(i wonder if instagibbers realize that they arent really helping the entire community with their game?)

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
That's not very nice Selerox. Not all IG players are stupid. I agree with Warden, I don't think servers being dominated by insta-gib will be a problem at this point. The servers are packed as it is, even with all the normal weapons. If people choose to play IG, let them have it. Like it or not, IG will always be popular. I for one enjoy a good round of IG every now and then. :instagib:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Why the hell would you buy a game replete with new weapons, gametypes, vehicles, then be incredibly stupid and say "duh I don't want to use any of that! Give me ONE gun!"

Knuckle-dragging is putting it lightly.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
I don't mind an instagib game now and then, but what is the point of playing the UT2004 demo with it? It would be the same as playing UT2003 ig, but with less maps.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
"Hence, the eternal fiery debate of normal weapons versus instagib was rekindled"

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
There is no debate. Playing with multiple weapons that must be learned how to counteract each other, or playing with one weapon I can spam all day long and never run out of ammo (and get ikills in the prodcess.) I wonder.

I think Insta players play it cause they can actually get frags that way. I remember I was playing Insta once in UT99 and I had mastered the top tactic of it (aka spam everywhere.) I fragged Rev._Whoopass. I never would have killed him with normal weapons. But hey, since even a shaved gorilla could kill the guy with a thousand frags on the board, I guess I can see how people might play it. "Oh look, now I can get kills! YAY!"

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
I like Low G CTF and LMS with insta, but I sure as hell don't want 50% of the servers to be that way, thats lame as hell. A few good games of insta are great fun for me, but the way it dominates server listings pisses me off now. :(

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
yeah it's just too bad no one has the sense to do anything about it and start taking some of them down.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I've never understood the point of Instagib and I never will, though for large amounts of people to play it there's got to be some sort of mystique to it for it to be so popular. I could make the same arguments about strategy and skill that have been raged on for as long as Instagib has existed...but that'd be a waste of all our time.

I didn't play UT2003 much but I did play UT a lot and I did find that there was a much larger population (at least, in my estimation) that played with the normal weapons. Perhaps, with how crappy UT2003 turned out for regular weapon gaming and how UT2004 is playing, this will bring balance to the Force? If not...let's hope regular weapons prevail.