Clan index sites?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I need help finding an index of different clan web sites. Specifically {MTN}. If there is an extensive site, please let me know.
Spank you!

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
How funny you ask cuz my website http://www.clanindex.homestead.com/index.html just so happens to be called CLAN INDEX All you PuF clans go out there and put urselves on there please because I'm at a loss for Unreal Tournament clans...although i got plenty of StarCraft/diablo clans hehehe
I'm trying to figure out something new for my site to generate more hits because 80 hits a month isn't good enough for me.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Thanks TWD, but I have already visited your website and it wasn't very helpful. I know there must be a big clan index site out there. I am pretty sure someone mentioned a few in here before.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
TWD, I am assuming you are asking me to put my clan [SuK] on your web site. The only problem is that it is not a clan. The tag is just to let people know how much i SuK when I play. And while we are on the topic I think I might be able to give you some advice on your web site, so please take this as constructive critisism. When I visited your site it looked real crappy, there were problems with text overlapping and links and pics were just thrown all over the place. If I was in a clan I wouldn't want to advertise there because it is just not presentable. You want something that is "user friendly" I shouldn't have to scroll up and down the page trying to figure out how to navigate the site.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
You are obviously one of the few that experience this problem.
I get a number of complaints about text overlaping and stuff all over the place. I am trying to get to the bottom of this so I need to know. What web browser are you using? Also check your resolution in case you don't know how to do that in windows right click anywhere on the screen then goto properties click on the settings tab (last one on the right) and look at the screen resolution it should be at least 800X600 too see the site very well.
I do not see this problem when I visit my site everything is where I want it to be and there is no overlaping text. I don't see how it could be hard to get around it because all the parts of my site are on the sidebar and the clan links are further down the screen.
I do admit that there is a bit of disorganization on the first page I put all the clans there I want to split it up into the different clans or just one page for all of them. I will do this as soon as I can start to get news to put on the site.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I was really willing to put my clan on the index. But although I'm on 800x600, the form to put the info in looked totally messed up. Half of the text is overlapping and unreadable. I should post a screenshot, so you see what I'm talking about.

I apreciate all the work you put into this site, but you really need to sort out these problems, or it will all be for nothing.

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
Site looks fine for me, using Ie 5.5 1024x768 32bit color. My complaint is the actual "listing" of clans... is that the list or index or whatever right on the front page? They look like they are just tossed up there.

You need something that is usable and simple like that unreality one... although why we would need 2 that look like that is not quite clear yet...

What is your goal with this site, what sets it apart from the other clan lists is what I want to know. Seems to me that if there was one big list that everyone knew about it would be more helpful then 10 little sites that aren't very complete or up to date.

My 2 cents :)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Hmm I know what you are talking about because on my older computer it would do that same thing not everything was where it was supposed to be. I think it was beause I was using netscape
Right now my site is just an index but I want it to be more. It'll be more like clan central you could call it Planet Clan
I want to put news articles and downloads concerning clans in addition to the list of clans. Also since this is "clan central" links to those other clan lists will be added to the front page at the bottom.

STALLONE

Mar 29, 2000
vld.clanpages.com
TWD your site could be in virtual reality with the glasses and all and it will still absolutely suck. Im sick of your crap, is TWD your clan tag? Tell me your tag so i can put an end to you and your crew.

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
Hey Hey Hey. I don't know if you have ever made a webpage STALLONE, but it takes work and time. If you want to offer some constructive criticism or help, then fine. But no one benefits from you running your mouth off.

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
I think you took a wrong turn somewhere STALLONE. These forums are for mature people, go back to the kiddie room and talk about the back street boys with the other girls.

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
LOL!

shhhh! I was trying to politely scare him away.. now you may have compromised months of work. :)

Out the door! Back to square one! The secret is out, these forums really aren't just for mature people. :(

STALLONE

Mar 29, 2000
vld.clanpages.com
Hey cornhole since your so intent on defending your butt buddie TWD and ive called him out i now challenge you so bring your pillow bitting pal and i will team up with bangin since he seems to see things my way and well do this the right way.

Corny

Oct 22, 2000
Visit site
Jesus man, take it easy. You are so uptight. I don't know what your problem is with TWD. I don't really care what you say to him, and I'm not out to defend him. Out to defend against people making posts like you. Your being counter productive. The guy comes on here and asks for opinions about his website and all you can think to say is that it sucks. Well great, but that doesn't help him, and frankly, I don't care to see your opinion if that is the best you can come up with. Use some common sense, and maybe if you are nice to people they will be nice to you.

And I will definelty not get involved in your childish little challenge. I have nothing to prove to you.