DUP-Bots in SinglePlayer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think about the DUP-Bpts in SinglePlayer-mode?

• Single Player?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don`t care

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • An upl with swapping parts and new portraits should do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alternate suits would be nice

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Meatball01

May 8, 2005
Florida
I have recreated some of the DUP bots, like downloading a skin and renaming it. HOWEVER, if you edit the actual line in the xplayersl1 file, it will kick you off of a AntiTCC servers:(

So what i did is i named the bot to the correct name(Caskuli for example) and i added this to the end of it ã. So his name is Caskuliã, the ã doesn't show up in game but it still detects it as a separate character so AntiTCC doesn't kick me. I have 3 upl files, a Characters one, a Custom one(for custom models), and a DUP one which is basically so when i play online it'll detect the models i renamed.

By doing this i have recreated all the classicUT99 teams as well as Super Nova and Goliath :)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
@mb: that`s a great idea, small cause, great outcome :D
I gonna try, if SP-Mode also takes that chars (doubt it, due other name)
But this trick can definitaly be used, for an online gaming upl :) Or I make it as planed [DUP]Name, like clans, well time will reveal *lol*

For the moment I`ve changed the whole Merc DUPs. Well, looks like I was a little bit 2 enthusiastic, due SP doesn`t use them all *lol*

It will also have CTF4-support, but this will be made a seperate d/l, due the filesize is (as always *lol*) big enough and the primary objective is a better SP (this mode only supports 2 Teams, if somebody doesn`t know *lol*) experience.
I also like the that each char will get his/her own story, again in fact nothing real new, I`ll take the bios from UT(99) ;)
Yesterday I made myself a small Excel-Sheet showing all DUP-Names used in SP (concerning to the save log option), and will also do the other races.

Actually I have a "cleaned" xplayersL1.upl and 6 xplayersDUP (1 for each race) upls. Here`s the plan:

With the installation a subfolder AlternateDUPs is created.
In this there are 2 umod-files:
umod1: activating the alt DUPs for SP
umod2: switching back to original upls, 5 of 6 xplayersDUP.upls only contain a " " in it (don`t think that a umod can delete files :p), and adding another upl (using the DUP-Bots with other names) for online gaming. For this procedure all AlternateDUP packs should be installed, man why all must be so complicated :)

Of course the files will be also stored there for manual change. Here are some quick shots of the stuff (can`t wait to be finished, I really want to conquer SP with all "new" bots)

P.S.: I`m not planning to release this stuff as "normal" skinpack (without that SP stuff) due the bots are all just recolored and not really worth called an own Skinpack. I consider this as a work Epic should have been done ;)

P.P.S.: All the guys (and girls :p) looking at the second pic and saying "Hey, there`s a Name from UT(99) in there, this is no porper DUP!" :
You`re right :p Actually there are 3 "Bonus" chars included, tendence growing *lol*

P.P.P.S: (oh man, but I was able to save 3 EDITs *lol*)
@ SaD should this be moved to the WIP-section?

EDIT1 (damn *g*): Should we also edit the standart portraits? I don`t say making them all new, but using the UT2k4-char-background I made ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
UTGirl said:
Ui, this gonna be a little bit complicated, but is looking great. Luckily I never play online, so I don`t care much :p

I like the portraits, the BG looks also nice.

Yap, would be nice if it wasn`t so strict, or the DUPs would have never existed (at least the ones used in SP mode :(), but it`s ok. At least I`m not getting bored :lol:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
SaD said:
Yep , before someone is calling you DukeNukemforeverandever-skinner.:lol:

Yap, but obviously I have the same release dates...(when its`done....it`s done) :lol:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
*gg* but at least the Mercs are done now :p

I tested this on a quick new profile and it turned out nice. The chars are only "recolored" but they are still different and all with an own bio (copied from UT) but I think I should get a new "bio-source", this will quickly run dry *rofl*

Also the skills are slightly changed (for instance Super Nova`s leader Perish has been a little bit pushed, not much, but she should be stronger than her members *lol*)

on the pic you would see:
Sapphire, Wraith, Prism, Torch, Prism, torch and Sapphire, I think this is a little bit better ;) :

The Juggs will be done next :)

Hopefully I`ll get some inspirations for Havoc (I just don`t have any idea what I should do with him, he just looks too gay :( ) and Titan (completely clueless @ the moment)

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Meatball01 said:
I have recreated some of the DUP bots, like downloading a skin and renaming it. HOWEVER, if you edit the actual line in the xplayersl1 file, it will kick you off of a AntiTCC servers:(

So what i did is i named the bot to the correct name(Caskuli for example) and i added this to the end of it ã. So his name is Caskuliã, the ã doesn't show up in game but it still detects it as a separate character so AntiTCC doesn't kick me. I have 3 upl files, a Characters one, a Custom one(for custom models), and a DUP one which is basically so when i play online it'll detect the models i renamed.

By doing this i have recreated all the classicUT99 teams as well as Super Nova and Goliath :)
After seeing this post back when it was made (I was a lowly guest then :p), I tried this trick with a few skins and a model I had...

MEATBALL01, YOU'RE A GENIUS!! :eek: It worked like a peach! :2thumb:

I noticed that if the character's name is used in a possessive sense, there's a space between the last letter and the apostrophe where the hidden character is (e.g. "So-and-so rode Janus 's rocket into oblivion"). But compared to the problems people would have if the name DIDN'T have it, that's diddly squat! :D

Meatball01

May 8, 2005
Florida
i first noticed this when i was making a bot of one of my clan members, his name was dragon, but there is a DUP bot named dragon, so i named him drãgon, and when the ã didn't appear i figured it out

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Can someone give me the original and unmodified xplayersL3.upl, which came with the ECE-Bonus pack?

Seems like it had a small ......"accident" :lol: and I don`t want to d/l the whole thing again (my pal has lost the vital DVD with all the downloaded UT2k4 mods :mad: )

Would be nice :p

btw, the new status:
JugMaleB is already replaced, currently working on JugMaleA. I will also revise the "standart" portraits with the background and Nikolai (UT2k3 intro) will also pay us a small visit ;)